symptoms of bad FPR?

Mrelcocko

When mine started to fail, it sounded like a rattle. I thought it was in the catalytic converter. It progressively got worse and then I got multiple #6 misfire codes. I found it was the fuel pressure regulator by accident. While pulling the spark plug, I accidentally pulled the fpr vacuum line off the plenum. Once I got the spark plug back in it seemed to run better, but was puking fuel out of the vacuum line. The regulator failed and was dumping gas into #6 cylinder.

When mine started to fail, it sounded like a rattle. I thought it was in the catalytic converter. It progressively got worse and then I got multiple #6 misfire codes. I found it was the fuel pressure regulator by accident. While pulling the spark plug, I accidentally pulled the fpr vacuum line off the plenum. Once I got the spark plug back in it seemed to run better, but was puking fuel out of the vacuum line. The regulator failed and was dumping gas into #6 cylinder.

I think there's a way to check the fpr to see if it's functioning properly.

Sent from my SM-S737TL using Tapatalk

I think there's a way to check the fpr to see if it's functioning properly.

Sent from my SM-S737TL using Tapatalk

There is. Hook up a fuel pressure gauge to the fuel line and variable vacuum source to the vacuum line on the pressure regulator. Plug the manifold vacuum. Start the engine and watch the pressure. Fuel pressure should decrease as vacuum increases.
  • Like 2