Just picked up a 2003 Pathfinder LE 4X4

Micallen

First things first! Lets find you a link about the power valve screws. You need to get that done! It only takes about 2-3* but not doing it could cost you an engine. I lost mine & so have 1 or 2 others just in the last 6 months. Its a bummer to bring up but I sure wish I had known, it would have saved me an engine. Ill look up the links again this weekend.

Edited by RainGoat
  • Like 3

First things first! Lets find you a link about the power valve screws. You need to get that done! It only takes about 2-3* but not doing it could cost you an engine. I lost mine & so have 1 or 2 others just in the last 6 months. Its a bummer to bring up but I sure wish I had known, it would have saved me an engine. Ill look up the links again this weekend.

My classes are over in two weeks, I fully intend to do it. To the original poster, don't just think that because your engine has lots of miles that it would have already happened if it was going to. It can happen at any time, and it really does mean the end of the engine.

Unbelievably,I'm having trouble finding the reams and reams of powervalve info I reserched. I imagine it's because I am mentally trying to block out the pain fo the whole ordeal. I believe this link was the best for a walk through on the repair. If I find my other notes in the next day or two, I'll post them.
Another one:
Here is some more info, including a link to the California Class Action Lawsuit
https://topclassactions.com/

• Like 1