Straight outta sunny Arizona!

Hello everyone! I am from the nice, sunny, HOT, state of Arizona. I used to reside in a small town called Canby, in great state of Oregon. I have recently started to get into off roading and always just rode along with room mates/friends. While being a Datsun car enthusiast (fanatic? nut?) I've NEVER owned a truck so this is a first. I currently own and daily a 1984 Nissan/Datsun 200SX and 1980 Datsun 210 (B310). I have two project vehicles a 1984 Nissan/Datsun Maxima-910 and my recently acquired and much loved 1988 Nissan Pathfinder! It's a 4x4 and 5 speed manual, it has been having some hiccups and I am hoping a general tune up will take care of this. I've loved Nissan automobiles since I can remember drooling over and wanting to get my learners permit!

This forum looks to be jammed packed full of knowledgeable contributions from members and I hope I can pitch in to that as well while getting my '88 all to spec like it just rolled off the lot. I also look forward to getting on the real back roads of AZ. Since I do cruise my old Dattos as well as ride motorcycles it would be great to truly get out and see all the beauty of this state.

I hope to make some friends here in the local as well since I am a hermit, that enjoy mechanical things and Nissan automobile restoration. I do live for saving the old 80s cars and trucks! Damn cash for clunkers!!!!!! Any how, I will post some pictures later so my post will be a bit more exciting. Take care, thanks for reading and have a G O O D day!

• Like 1

ftiu5kcq.fqa.jpg

zci5t4aa.mni.jpg

Finally some pictures as promised! I did a generic maintenance on it today and found some strange stuff. O2 sensor was done and had seen better days, fund a broken pin on my MAF as well and awaiting a replacement next week. Can't wait to drive it again.

Edited by NightOvThePest
  • Like 3

Nice looking truck. I think youll love AZ. Are u in the PHX area, Tucson (doesnt look like Flag or Prescott)? I lived in N PHX for several years after 3 in PDX & now Ive been in Seattle metro for about 15. Oddly, the PNW forests & the Sonoran desert are my 2 favorite places-totally different but both uniquely beautiful. Youll have a great time exploring & youll find several excellent NPORA members in the greater PHX area. Congratulations!!

Edited by RainGoat

Wow, that looks to be in fantastic shape! Get the black plastic all shiny again and you'd never know it's 30 years old. Wish I lived in Arizona sometimes. There's almost no rust, and there's tons of NPORA members down there. It seems like Arizona and Washington are hotbeds for NPORA membership.