Anybody else have the shifter locked in park?

Can't leave park unless I stick a thin stick (I use a tire pressure end from 7-11) it's been like this for months

If I wanna leave park I have to stick the stick into the shift lock each time

Any hacks to this ? I'm not very handy, how expensive of a job would this be? I'm sure it's just a buste spring or something

-----

Also , my 2004 is nearing 100k miles (I'm at 96k now )

WhAt type of maintence shoul I do soon? Spark plugs? New brake calipers? I changed my trans fluid at 90k and that eliminated a mild trans shutter at highway speeds so all set there.

Think I need to replace my muffler again smh, any great pathy mufflers for good price? I changed it at around 82k and was changed when I got it at 50k

Can't leave park unless I stick a thin stick (I use a tire pressure end from 7-11) it's been like this for months

If I wanna leave park I have to stick the stick into the shift lock each time

Any hacks to this ? I'm not very handy, how expensive of a job would this be? I'm sure it's just a buste spring or something

-----

Also , my 2004 is nearing 100k miles (I'm at 96k now )

WhAt type of maintence shoul I do soon? Spark plugs? New brake calipers? I changed my trans fluid at 90k and that eliminated a mild trans shutter at highway speeds so all set there.

Think I need to replace my muffler again smh, any great pathy mufflers for good price? I changed it at around 82k and was changed when I got it at 50k

Shift lock solenoid has failed like mine did years ago. You can get it into other positions by reaching under the passenger side of the shifter cover and manually flipping it with your finger. I recommend having someone press the brake pedal for you as you look and see what small piece is getting stuck or failing to move or not allowing the shifter to unlock then cutting the tab with angle cutters. I ended up cutting mine so that it never locks. This allows the shifter to move without pressing the brake pedal. As far as a muffler check my profile. I put a flowmaster. I love that muffler. Hope this helps!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you both I will look Into those

Also , my hood doesn't pop when I pull the latch? This is very bothersome , any ideas or hacks?

My hood wouldn't pop either. When you get it open, spray the latch mechanism with some WD-40 or another spray lubricant. It is probably gummed up.