New guy in SC

mechanic58

Just picked up a pretty nice 95 SE model, appears to have every option, LSD included. Trans was bad, got it apart now. Had no reverse. Discovered a worn stator and reverse drum. Guess thats what happens after 240k and no trans service. All the clutches still looked new, it must have the lower gear.

:welcome:

Don't tell my transmission that, it's done 241k and I'm hoping the fluid I changed a while back delays the inevitable. :hide:

Good luck with that! I had to replace the pump (due to the worn stator) and the reverse drum. I was lucky to find these parts in good used condition on ebay. Some transmission shop up in NY was parting out a few RE4R01A cores. What are the odds?

Edited by mechanic58
  • Like 1

:welcome:

Where are the pics at? we love pics :aok:

I have lots of pics, I just haven't played around with this forum software much yet - so I don't know how to post them yet. If they have to be hosted somewhere else then I reckon you all are out of luck. I have abandoned photobucket because it sucks now. :|

I did finally get the transmission overhauled and put back in, works perfect. One thing's for sure though - I'll NEVER do that @!*% again, not ever. Probably the single most complicated transmission R&R I have ever done. Man what a pain in the ass.

Yeah, have to use an external host unfortunately. I've been using Flickr, it's loads better than Photobucket (even before PB decided to charge ridiculous fees).

LSD and 4.63 is fairly common. My '95 had it, my '93 has it. Good to hear the tranny's back up and running!

Yup, PhotoBucket super sucks. There's a link for a plugin you can download on Chrome so you can view pics floating on the forum somewhere. I can post it here if you'd like. As far as hosting, as Slartibartfast said Flickr is good. I personally like postimage.org; it's very simple and to the point.

• 2 weeks later...