Are all 90-95 pathfinder ECU's the same?

YooperBoy27

I have a 1995 Nissan pathfinder SE that starts fine but idles a little high at about 1800 rpm. And when I go to give it gas it bogs out and wants to die.

So I went out and bought a new mass air flow sensor and it didn't do anything so I checked my ECU under the passenger seat and the red light is stuck on.

So I was thinking that the ecu is fried and not sending a signal to the MAFS or it's not receiving a signal? I'm not to sure...

I found another computer out of a 1995 pathfinder XE...will it work In my SE?

All opinions accepted.

Edited by YooperBoy27

ECU failure is not common with these. IIRC the red LED illuminates at the same time as the check engine light, if that helps any. Did the green light flash when you turned the knob or was it completely unresponsive?

The engines in these were the same across trim levels, so don't worry about that. I've read that an ECU from a manual trans truck won't play nice with an auto trans (doesn't forward the required info to the trans computer) but auto will run either. The only other thing I can think of to avoid is that I think the California-smog trucks had a temp sensor on the EGR that federal-smog trucks didn't, so a California ECU in a federal truck would throw a code.

High idle and bogging has me thinking vac leak.