97 engine code P0446?

rboat88h

Guys, I have been working on evap problems for a long time and still have my SES light on. I started with a code P1447. I changed the vapor canister and vent valve and blew out the lines. Now I have code P0446.

My old canister had the vent valve that had a small portion with an O-ring on it that went into the canister. The new one the vent valve is mounted flush with a small area for an O-ring. I used the O-ring off the old one, but maybe that is the problem? My old vent valve was fine but did not fit the new canister so I had to buy the new valve also. Not sure why the parts were different and I hate it when they do that. Does anybody have anything else I can check for code P0446? I hate to keep throwing more cash at this, but that dash light drives me crazy. Thanks.

If you live in an area where codes will not effect your inspection, pull the bulb! Lol It took me almost 2 years and a bunch of parts to finally correct the issue on mine. Once I finally found someone with the knowledge to properly use a smoke machine, it ended up being the o-ring gasket on the top of the fuel tank...

Guys, I have been working on evap problems for a long time and still have my SES light on. I started with a code P1447. I changed the vapor canister and vent valve and blew out the lines. Now I have code P0446.

My old canister had the vent valve that had a small portion with an O-ring on it that went into the canister. The new one the vent valve is mounted flush with a small area for an O-ring. I used the O-ring off the old one, but maybe that is the problem? My old vent valve was fine but did not fit the new canister so I had to buy the new valve also. Not sure why the parts were different and I hate it when they do that. Does anybody have anything else I can check for code P0446? I hate to keep throwing more cash at this, but that dash light drives me crazy. Thanks.

When you put the vent valve on put some silicone around it and maybe a little on the vent valve itself. This might help you.

Sent from my SM-S337TL using Tapatalk

When you put the vent valve on put some silicone around it and maybe a little on the vent valve itself. This might help you.

No harm done if it doesn't work.

I am still working on this problem. I ordered the correct O-ring and installed it. It was the same as the old one anyhow. Installed a new gas cap. Blew out evap lines front to back and the light still comes on at the 2nd start up after turning light off. Code is still p0446?

Any other ideas? Thanks