after AT tranny rebuld, still won't go past 2nd gear

oldpathfinder

Hope someone can help. after 250K miles, everything is going. 97 pathfinder SE 4WD has new radiator, steering bushings and repair the leak that ate the bushings, transaxle, boots, brake pedal and cruise control plastic thingys, timing belt, water pump, main engine seal, rotor and coil, tune up, brakes, tires, shocks,distributor cap and headlights. I'm sure I've forgotten something.

All repairs were done by good mechanics, except the distributor work which was redone by a good mechanic.

On road trip in ice and snow, the car was getting 10 mpg when normal is 20+. Did not realize I had lost OD until 3rd gear went. Car would rev up but not gain speed above 40. Eventually it went down to 25 mph but made it to tranny shop. Low transmission fluid. No contamination in fluid. Rebuild transmission. There were damaged clutches. Experienced mechanic put it back together, took it for test drive and it was doing the same thing. Said in all the ones (this model nissan transmission) he's done this has never happened. Took it back to shop. Now it won't start. Nothing. No click. He tried disconnect the battery, no go.

Any suggestions?

Hope someone can help. after 250K miles, everything is going. 97 pathfinder SE 4WD has new radiator, steering bushings and repair the leak that ate the bushings, transaxle, boots, brake pedal and cruise control plastic thingys, timing belt, water pump, main engine seal, rotor and coil, tune up, brakes, tires, shocks,distributor cap and headlights. I'm sure I've forgotten something.

All repairs were done by good mechanics, except the distributor work which was redone by a good mechanic.

On road trip in ice and snow, the car was getting 10 mpg when normal is 20+. Did not realize I had lost OD until 3rd gear went. Car would rev up but not gain speed above 40. Eventually it went down to 25 mph but made it to tranny shop. Low transmission fluid. No contamination in fluid. Rebuild transmission. There were damaged clutches. Experienced mechanic put it back together, took it for test drive and it was doing the same thing. Said in all the ones (this model nissan transmission) he's done this has never happened. Took it back to shop. Now it won't start. Nothing. No click. He tried disconnect the battery, no go.

Any suggestions?

Battery load tested?

Battery Wiring and connections clean and tight?

Starter relay? Check starter by bypassing relay.

No codes?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Found the no start problem. The starter IS bad. Just not consistently bad. Finally got it to act up. Being replaced. Never failed to start first time every time until in the shop. Go figure. Found the 3rd gear problem. Seal failure. So all is well in the land of oldpathfinder. for the time being. Thanks to all who helped.

• Like 3

Found the no start problem. The starter IS bad. Just not consistently bad. Finally got it to act up. Being replaced. Never failed to start first time every time until in the shop. Go figure. Found the 3rd gear problem. Seal failure. So all is well in the land of oldpathfinder. for the time being. Thanks to all who helped.

Good to hear! Hopefully that's the end of the issues now.