My pathy is finally dead...

marbiol

As the title says - my 1993 WD21 has finally died. Engine was going to need to be replaced due to compression issues, electrics have been funny for a while, AC had a leak when turning right and then an altercation with a rather larger vehicle removed most of the exhaust and probably damaged multiple rims.

Insurance has written her off so Im looking for a suitable replacement and was wondering what people might recommend as Im in the Midwest and the few local Pathys for sale have serious rust issues and questionable engines (mine actually was fairly rust-free).

Has anyone gone onward to a particular alternative vehicle that theyre happy with? Main requirements would be ability to add a simple lift of a few inches for some clearance or good inherent clearance (had a 2.5 on the Pathy) and decent space inside (Id like to be able to lie flat in the back but its not a dealbreaker). I wouldnt mind keeping the overall external size down but I have been looking at bigger vehicles as well.

I've been looking at both those options for a while now - right now I've been feeling that with the reportedly poor gas mileage on these options I might as well go with something larger, and I haven't had a pickup for a while.

Thanks for the comments,

D.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Im sorry to hear that. Even though my 94 gets really ****** gas mileage, I love her. I love it in the winter when I see all those big 4wd's setiing 8 feet off the ground, off in the ditches, and my little old truck is getting around just fine. These pathys grow on you.

• Like 1