1993 pathfinder climate control panel not functioning

bitsy4643

1993 pathfinder se , no lights or functions on push buttons on climate control. All heat comes out defrost. This unit has slide control heat that does regulate heat. This is same unit used on 1993 24osx models. My original manual does not show same unit as on my pathfinder. I cannot find location of fuse or relay that controls this unit after very extensive internet and forum searches. Can anyone please help? Thanks

I've got the same system and I'm not looking forward to troubleshooting it if/when it realizes it's old. The info you're looking for should be in the factory service manual, in the HA section. Go here and download HA from the '94 or '95 manual. Looks like diagnosis for the automatic HVAC starts on page 55. Good luck and let us know what turned out to be the problem!

Hopefully it's easier to fix than the defrost-only issue on my friend's S10. The shaft for the air direction flapper door whatsit snapped off inside and we had to take the whole dashboard and HVAC box out to replace it! That one took longer than it had any right to.