Submerged my pathy, now it won't start.

DDAHL90SE

So, by mistake I drove into a water hole that was alot deeper than anticipated. Hydrolocked it, towed home, pulled plugs and turned it over. Fuel everywhere (from when I tried to crank it after getting it unstuck), now it just cranks but won't fire. I also was unaware of the ecm being underneath the passenger seat and I feel thats my issue. There is no power to anything unless I have jumper cables hooked up and running from another rig. No cables hooked up, no power to anything. I'm looking for input on similar experiences, or fixes. Any help is appreciated

So, by mistake I drove into a water hole that was alot deeper than anticipated. Hydrolocked it, towed home, pulled plugs and turned it over. Fuel everywhere (from when I tried to crank it after getting it unstuck), now it just cranks but won't fire. I also was unaware of the ecm being underneath the passenger seat and I feel thats my issue. There is no power to anything unless I have jumper cables hooked up and running from another rig. No cables hooked up, no power to anything. I'm looking for input on similar experiences, or fixes. Any help is appreciated

You probably bent some valves taking in water and your engine oil looks like milkshake. Did your ecu get wet? Take it apart dry it out and hope for the best but your chances are slim pending any engine damage. Trying to start it after it took water in without following the proper course of action is a bad nono and causes more damage. You need to remove spark plugs, pull fuse to fuel pump, drain oil, replace oil and filter, replace air filter, crank it over and watch water shoot out if the holes. Replace oil and filter again until it looks oil. Cold water rushing in could also warp some stuff too and may cause a headgasket leak.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Yeah I regret trying to crank it up on the hill. I had 5 plugs out but couldn't get that 6th one til I got home unfortunately... I was getting small explosions of water out of the other 5 plug holes up on the hill but it wouldn't turn over. Once I removed the 6th plug it turned over freely and shot out a bunch of what i beleeive was fuel. I replaced all 6 plugs, charged it with jumpers from my 4runner and it turned over freely but wouldn't fire. Ecm was completely submerged as was most the interior. I'm gonna try drying out the ecm and check the maf for any water. Thanks for the input, hoping the engine isn't toast.