Running funny

tthomasd614

Hey all,

My Pathy has been running fantastic for the past few months but the other day I was driving it and it didn’t sound right. It also didn’t have any power. It wouldn’t get past 65 and then I remembered that I put 89 octane in it with the thought that it may help improve fuel mileage. I only had about a quarter of a tank left and so I added about 7 gallons of 87. Then it drove fine again. I went to drive today and it’s actjng funny again. Could it be the fuel? Is there something else I need to check. No cel either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Higher octane fuel shouldn't be a problem. The computer probably didn't notice anything different. Sounds like an electrical issue to me, something starting to go out. Anything else you notice when it's running poorly? Smells, smoke?

Sounds like the distributor could be taking a crap. Take the cap off and inspect for any brown/red/gold dust in there. Very common on the 3.3.

I’m wondering if it’s a misfire. I connected a Obd scanner to it to see if it it was misfiring and it won’t even register the scanner was there. I was gonna replace all the plugs but I will take a look at the distributor first. Thanks man! You’re always very helpful

It's the dizzy itself that goes, unfortunately.

No dust or anything under the cap. When I try to connect the scan tool, it will not work at all. Is there a fuse that might be bad?

So I didn’t get the OBD2 port working but I replaced the spark plugs and it’s running back to normal now. Not sure which plug it was but they did look pretty old