Not shifting into overdrive when 23 below

snow

Hi folks, just recently my transmission has been acting up. It was 23 below this morning and after a minute of driving I was on the highway, and the pathy wouldn't shift into 4th gear. I was in 3rd doing 90km/hr at 3500RPM, revving it to 4500RPM still wouldn't go into overdrive. After 5 minutes of driving in 3rd gear doing 90km/hr at 3500RPM the RPMS dropped and it was in overdrive. This is the first time this has happened to me, just wondering if anyone has any advice.

Hi folks, just recently my transmission has been acting up. It was 23 below this morning and after a minute of driving I was on the highway, and the pathy wouldn't shift into 4th gear. I was in 3rd doing 90km/hr at 3500RPM, revving it to 4500RPM still wouldn't go into overdrive. After 5 minutes of driving in 3rd gear doing 90km/hr at 3500RPM the RPMS dropped and it was in overdrive. This is the first time this has happened to me, just wondering if anyone has any advice.

I want to say this is normal until the fluids warm up. You night have to block the radiator for Temps to stay in operating range.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Absolutely normal. If its that cold Cuong is right. Blocking part of the radiator is a way to help temps get where they are supposed to be and you can drive it around normally with it blocked. Just keep an eye on your temp guage but at 23 below I doubt you will have any problems.

I have an an external trans cooler and even in our mild climates it causes my truck to not want to hit overdrive until temps come up to operating temps.

Normal operation. Generally when it is that cold here I will nurse it along as slowly as I can. That's just for any car until its warmed up not just my pathfinder. I would block off half the radiator with an old pizza or amazon box. Added bonus is better heat.

• Like 1