Bumper Designs

rc_cola_j

Hey all!

I just spoke to the local High School shop teacher. His welding class is offering to build me bumpers. All I have to do is supply a design, materials, and some pizza.

He seemed to want detailed design drawings.....where might I find some? Do any for you have something I could work from and/or start with?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

You know, I didnt ever publish plans for the rear bumper. It was custom built on the truck by a local fab shop. Took a couple of weeks. I worked closely with them on the design as it was being built.

• Like 2

You know, I didnt ever publish plans for the rear bumper. It was custom built on the truck by a local fab shop. Took a couple of weeks. I worked closely with them on the design as it was being built.

Ok, then I can't remember who it was, but somebody who's pretty iconic on here published their rear bumper design at one point. I guess that's not exactly helpful...lol

Could you lend them your pathfinder while it was being built? Or at least for them to take measurements?

Not sure, he said they couldn’t do it until early spring....but I assume I could just park my pathfinder in the shop for the day, I do work at the school.

• Like 1

Ok, then I can't remember who it was, but somebody who's pretty iconic on here published their rear bumper design at one point. I guess that's not exactly helpful...lol

I’d love to see plans for both front and rear bumpers.....I should ask how they want them; I.e. car drawings or something like that.

You could mock up what you want for bumpers with cardboard too and just hand over all the pieces for them to use as templates. I think it's unlikely anyone will have plans on hand, most people who have built them (myself included) have only made one-offs that were built on the vehicle.

• Like 1

You could mock up what you want for bumpers with cardboard too and just hand over all the pieces for them to use as templates. I think it's unlikely anyone will have plans on hand, most people who have built them (myself included) have only made one-offs that were built on the vehicle.

Good point, I was hoping though.

What good tidbits did you all learn in your bumper builds? Did you have any moments where you realized you should have done something differently?