Auto hub

jonathanpalmer12

Hello guys i have a 1994 nissan pathfinder 4x4, well recently i went off roading and got stuck and turned out i only had 2 wheels spinning instead of 3, well it was either 1 wheel was spinning at a time but never both(front wheels not back). It has the CV axle with autolocking hubs. Any information pertaining to this would be much apperciated thanksf6a3f30c6ef948b0619f766a2cc67e58.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

you do realize you posted like 10 copies of this thread, right? you might want to double check when you post and only click the post button once

if you don't have the limited slip differential, it's very possible to only have 2 wheels spinning at once. Even with the LSD you can still get spinning between the rear 2 wheels. If only 1 particular wheel ever spins up front then you may have a real issue with the auto locking hubs, but otherwise on softer stuff it's pretty well expected for only 1 front wheel to be spinning because of the open front differential.

Yours looks like an XE, which would have open front and rear differentials. There was never a factory limited slip option for the front.

Those tires don't look the best, and that ground looks soft.

Sometimes Tapatalk and other ways to view forums mess up and it doesn't look like you're posting the thread, but you arr, hence why new people often post the same thread many times.

Anyway, as others have said that sounds exactly like what happens with open differentials. I don't you have anything broken, that's just how it works when the going gets really tough.