LSD diff swap

aussie4wheeler

Hey guys, I currently have my totalled 2002 LE which has the LSD rear end and many other goodies. I am looking at buying a mint condition 2004 LE platinum with 80K miles but it doesn't have an LSD and I only have enough cash to fit an ARB air locker in the front diff right now with all the other upgrades (winch, bumper, compressor, dual batteries, fluerys armour, UHF) etc that I am fitting in the expedition truck. How would i be able to tell if the 02 LSD is compatable with the 04? It should be a fairly easy swap if it just bolts right up.

Cheers,

Josh17f263a960cd04b0fe99979d257219c4.jpg8b1507a11389a1c792626f61be5f49a1.jpg

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Very easy swap if going from 02 to 04...the only gear ratio was 4.363, so all you have to do is swap the 3rd member over. Not much more than disconnecting brake lines, sliding the axle shaft assembly out a couple inches, undoing the driveshaft, and unbolting the 3rd member from the axle housing.

If you don't have the need for a selectable locker, Lokka makes a good front locker. I was very pleased with a Lokka/LSD setup when I had it (noting I had repacked my LSD). Not sure if the LE models only had the All-Mode 4wd, so there are some other notables about leaving it in 2WD and/or getting manual hubs if that's the case. That alone would save some serious cash for other goodies, and be quite capable.

• 3 years later...