Hello!

Mythstae

Greetings from Washington State!

I have a 1995 Pathfinder, SE V6 4x4 Manual Transmission.

It had the dreaded "Transmission Whine".

I located a replacement transmission from a 1997 model (with the higher fill-plug location on the case), and had a shop go over it, and install it for me.

Now I've got a 4x4 vehicle to drive this winter; a relief as I had to commute to work in a very crunchy Suzuki Swift last year.

I'm doing lots of work fixing her up, and the current ordeal is an aftermarket stereo.

Guess I need to bypass my amplifiers.

I found Slartibartfast's helpful thread here: http://www.nissanpathfinders.net/forum/topic/35837-how-to-bypass-the-factory-amps-step-by-step/

I'm trying to work together a handy dandy diagram of "what wire goes where" before I start tearing off body panels.

Unfortunately for me, Nissan's Factory Service Manual isn't quite as easy to read as a Geo Metro/Suzuki Swift FSM, which is what I'm used to.

But, I'll persevere!

I've got a thread of my build progress on http://geometroforum.com/ (Yes, really, I'm a Moderator there)

If anybody cares to look, the thread is here: http://geometroforum.com/topic/8160317/

:lol:

Yeah, we get that sort of reaction a lot.

I razz the Metros and Swifts, too, but my Metros are pretty precious to me...

They are the kind of vehicle on which my Dad taught me how to work on cars.

Irreplaceable memories... :happy:

Golly, you're in Grays Harbor?

I'm south of you, but in driving distance.

Might have to say hello one day!

WAVEY

Looks like you have mice like we have mice! My dad blew a 40A fuse in his Audi when a mouse dropped into the blower motor. The fuse probably would've been fine if he hadn't cranked the fan all the way up to make sure the mouse was dead. I ended up gluing a piece of mesh over the intake for the air system in mine, under the cowl. My air vents and interior have been mouse-free since.

Good to see that writeup's coming in handy. :) Sorry the pictures are long dead, Photobucket happened.

IMO the layout of the Nissan manual isn't too bad, but then, maybe I'm just used to it. I bought a Ford FSM a while ago and I think it was organized by the same gibbon who designed the clips for their electrical connectors.

• Like 1

I am in Gray's Harbor, but am moving to Lewis county on Saturday. There are enough of us in Western Washington that we should be able to set up monthly meets, almost never works out though.

I had to do the screen trick on my Titan. Had a mouse nest on top of the cabin air filters.

Success! At least, of a preliminary sort.

I'm not very good at reading the Nissan wiring diagrams. They make my head hurt. :headwall:

But between the factory diagram, Slartibartfast's thread, and adamzan's thread, I've now got a color coded, function coded, wire-for-wire guide.

:bounce:

Now I just need to choose what I'm going to do, precisely, to get rid of the amps, and we'll be in the clear!

:wiggle:

• Like 2

I bought a Ford FSM a while ago and I think it was organized by the same gibbon who designed the clips for their electrical connectors.

How strange! I used a Ford wiring diagram when I was installing a Ford factory stereo in a Metro; I found it very easy to read!

Replaced my map lights today!

Here are the bulbs I used:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01DNMX832/

They're amazing! :lmao:

I had to pinch the metal housing thing a bit flatter, mine were a little loose and the bulb could fall out of contact and stop working.

Once I flattened the circle to more of an oval, they stay in contact no problem.

Next step, super bright dome light...