Hello from Tishomingo, Oklahoma

Pathfinder65

Hi everybody,

My name is Robert, I own a 1987 Pathdriver XE 4x4 w/6-cyl. I've had it for a couple years now and have enjoyed owning it from the first day I bought it. Everybody says I paid too much for it, but it has been extremely reliable from day one and well worth it to me. I do have a problem now that I have no idea what the cause is. I will post the question in the appropriate place in the forum. Thanks for all the help in advance. I'm sure I will be surprised by the solution to this problem as I was when it came to fixing the sputtering I had last year. After replacing the fuel filter, fuel pump and distributor I found the diagnostic unit under the passenger seat and the code showed a bad Throttle Position Sensor. replace a $60 part from the local part store in about 30 min and problem was solved. At least I know all the other parts are new now, they were all original parts so would need replacing soon, and I might not have been able to affords them later (I keep telling myself that to justify spending $600 on parts that didn't fix the problem). Anyway all was good after that until today. Will update this post with a link to my question if that will be possible.

• Like 1