Jump to content

Land Rover rear lift spring install


Bax03SE
 Share

Recommended Posts

Hi guys! I am new to this forum and doing any sort of lifts.  I was looking to replace my rear springs plus 2 inch spacers but then I found this forum. I guess my question is, do I need to replace my rear shocks/dampers If I were to install nrc9447 springs?  Btw, I have a 03 LE all stock.  TIA

No need to replace shocks.


Sent from my Pathfinder
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thank you.  Also looking to install 2 inch spacers in the front. I’ve read here that with oem cv axles it should be fine? Now, is there a way to identify an oem from a non oem? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thank you.  Also looking to install 2 inch spacers in the front. I’ve read here that with oem cv axles it should be fine? Now, is there a way to identify an oem from a non oem? 

The easiest way is to look at the boots. They should have a nissan logo if they are original.


Sent from my Pathfinder
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 5 weeks later...

Hello Guys! Big time newb here. My first Nissan Pathfinder 1999 SE.

 

so I took it for a test drive and was pretty disappointed with how rough and bumpy the suspension felt.

 

I ended up getting new rear shocks  Gas-A-Just KYB but after driving over a few rough roads I realized my springs must be shot cause it literally bottomed out a few times. I went online and bought some Excel G | KYB and 2928 coils for the front. 

 

my question is which springs should I get for the rear? Will the NRC9447 be ok? The Pathy is totally stock.  Thank you all for your advice. Any other recommendations for other parts you would suggest? I have about $1200 I can spend towards this project. links appreciated if possible. TIA 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hello Guys! Big time newb here. My first Nissan Pathfinder 1999 SE.
 
so I took it for a test drive and was pretty disappointed with how rough and bumpy the suspension felt.
 
I ended up getting new rear shocks  Gas-A-Just KYB but after driving over a few rough roads I realized my springs must be shot cause it literally bottomed out a few times. I went online and bought some Excel G | KYB and 2928 coils for the front. 
 
my question is which shocks should I get for the rear? Will the NRC9447 be ok? The Pathy is totally stock.  Thank you all for your advice. Any other recommendations for other parts you would suggest? I have about $1200 I can spend towards this project. links appreciated if possible. TIA 

That will be fine


Sent from my Pathfinder
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Similar question to the above:

 

When unloaded, my stock 2003 Pathy sits very close to the expected height from ground to wheel arch. It's right on the mark up front and less than an inch shorter at the back, however, even with just one person on the back seat or light cargo, it sags a lot so it's clear that the rear springs are tired.

 

I read most of this thread and saw the photos people uploaded and the shortest LR springs will apparently add between 3" or 4" to the rear, but since the front is fine and I don't plan to lift it, that will leave me with too much rake.

 

I don't love the idea of cutting springs so has anyone tried something else? I just want perhaps 2" more at the back and slightly stiffer springs to minimize sagging.

Edited by EricCR
Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, EricCR said:

Similar question to the above:

 

When unloaded, my stock 2003 Pathy sits very close to the expected height from ground to wheel arch. It's right on the mark up front and less than an inch shorter at the back, however, even with just one person on the back seat or light cargo, it sags a lot so it's clear that the rear springs are tired.

 

I read most of this thread and saw the photos people uploaded and the shortest LR springs will apparently add between 3" or 4" to the rear, but since the front is fine and I don't plan to lift it, that will leave me with too much rake.

 

I don't love the idea of cutting springs so has anyone tried something else? I just want perhaps 2" more at the back and slightly stiffer springs to minimize sagging.

Something like OME 2922 might do, it’s basically just a load spring that will provide a little lift over true stock height. Link: https://www.desertrat.com/i-23326228-old-man-emu-by-arb-2922-coil-spring.html

Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, PathyDude17 said:

Something like OME 2922 might do, it’s basically just a load spring that will provide a little lift over true stock height. Link: https://www.desertrat.com/i-23326228-old-man-emu-by-arb-2922-coil-spring.html

 

Interesting. I think I heard about those but wasn't lucky finding any pics installed. I suppose that just gives me back the inch that I lost at the back and do a better job at not sagging. They aren't stupidly expensive either so that's great. Thank you!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, EricCR said:

 

Interesting. I think I heard about those but wasn't lucky finding any pics installed. I suppose that just gives me back the inch that I lost at the back and do a better job at not sagging. They aren't stupidly expensive either so that's great. Thank you!

They’re not popular at all. Most people want higher lift and load capacity 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The OME springs are very popular and are a great spring that yields 2”.  Ran them for several years, zero complaints.  Same is true for the front springs. The ride is superb when paired with their struts and shocks, but they’re on the pricey side.  The LRs are a great solution for more lift and load handling, but the OMEs are perfect otherwise. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

x2 on the OME springs. They are a great spring that sells well for those not wanting more than 2" of lift. I had OME MD rear springs for a long time and paired them with a set of Bilstein's. Fantastic for hauling heavier loads like camp gear and dogs. With the assistance of a set of Airlift spring helpers they handled our 18ft toy hauler superbly. With no load they were well mannered and kept the truck tight on the road without being harsh. Definitely recommend them if you're looking for a heavier duty 2" rear spring. Cant really go wrong with ARB products. 

 

Installed with spacers and airlift spring helpers not long after I got the truck:

FPtlTmP.jpg

 

Hdl6yBA.jpg

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...