Land Rover rear lift spring install

Bax03SE

Does anyone by chance have a before/after shot of OME MD Rears springs and 9447? wondering how much of a real world difference it is.

I'd like to swap out my OME with the 9447 for the higher spring rate but a little extra lift wouldn't hurt either :)

17 minutes ago, dezm said:

Does anyone by chance have a before/after shot of OME MD Rears springs and 9447? wondering how much of a real world difference it is.

I'd like to swap out my OME with the 9447 for the higher spring rate but a little extra lift wouldn't hurt either :)

I just ordered 9449 springs to replace my OME coils and 1 inch spacer, although I'll probably get a little more lift because of the higher spring rate but should be in the ball park. I should get them in the week or so and post a pic of it before and after. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, dezm said:

Hey guys! After reading through this thread I have a couple questions, hoping someone could clear them up for me.

What was the final verdict for which model number got the least amount of lift from the 9446/9447?

And for those of you who installed extended length Bilsteins along with the 9446/9447, did you also install extended brake lines?

The 9446 is like half an inch taller than the 9447. If you go with longer shocks it's probably in your best interest to extend the brake lines and diff breather tube, but you can get by just fine without them if you aren't gonna max them out all the time

• Like 1

Also I'm probably gonna be swapping out all my lift springs from my red Pathfinder to the tan one and getting longer ones for the red one. Once I pull the trans from the tan one (should be this spring, or whenever it warms up) I can give my old stuff to whoever may want them. OME HD with kyb's up front and 9447's with ome shocks in back. Probably gonna go with 9448's like @Jax99 has in the back and still deciding on the front

• Like 1

2 hours ago, micahfelker said:

Also I'm probably gonna be swapping out all my lift springs from my red Pathfinder to the tan one and getting longer ones for the red one. Once I pull the trans from the tan one (should be this spring, or whenever it warms up) I can give my old stuff to whoever may want them. OME HD with kyb's up front and 9447's with ome shocks in back. Probably gonna go with 9448's like @Jax99 has in the back and still deciding on the front

9448’s? Are you gonna do a panhard drop?  Could be interested in the OME shocks

Edited by PathyDude17
  • Like 1

On 2/17/2019 at 11:10 AM, micahfelker said:

The 9446 is like half an inch taller than the 9447. If you go with longer shocks it's probably in your best interest to extend the brake lines and diff breather tube, but you can get by just fine without them if you aren't gonna max them out all the time

Thanks Micah, I love the way your Pathy is looking in the pics you posted earlier in the thread. Just to confirm, you're on OME HD springs with no spacers in the front, and LR9447 in the rear also with no spacers.

And you said you're on 32's right?

8 minutes ago, dezm said:

Thanks Micah, I love the way your Pathy is looking in the pics you posted earlier in the thread. Just to confirm, you're on OME HD springs with no spacers in the front, and LR9447 in the rear also with no spacers.

Just to give you a quick answer, when I talked to Micah, he's got a 3/4" spacer up front, and then everything else is like you said.

• Like 1

Regarding the panhard drop, this is what I did and it’s worked out perfect. These pics have been hanging out on page one with my original write up. I moved the panhard bar lower and to the right within the existing bracket and drilled a new mounting hole. This won’t work if your going more than 4 inches or so in the back. But for the lift levels most of us are running I think it makes sense. I have about 3 maybe 3.5 inches of lift and this has my rear axle sitting dead center where it should be. The old mounting hole is circled in yellow for reference.
daa897b9826565f6200d2f24724768a3.jpg
84e92521e3990b0a5f10281f7bf8095e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 4

Just to give you a quick answer, when I talked to Micah, he's got a 3/4" spacer up front, and then everything else is like you said.

Thanks! I’m also to curious to hear people’s opinions on the change in unloaded ride quality going from OME MD in the rear to 9446/7.

The 9447 LR springs are a higher spring rate than both stock and OME springs no?

16 hours ago, dezm said:

3/4in level spacer in the front, everything else is right. And yep, 32's! 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, dezm said:

Oh but the picture you're talking about from way up there in the thread was with no spacers. I put those in later. Got them for free so figured why not. I still can't recommend any spacer that's over an inch though 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Oh but the picture you're talking about from way up there in the thread was with no spacers. I put those in later. Got them for free so figured why not. I still can't recommend any spacer that's over an inch though 

Gotcha, yeah I’m planning on staying away from spacers in general. Going to be trying out the 9447 with OME HD fronts in the next couple weeks. Hopefully the extra inch or two in the rear doesn’t make my 31s look too tiny!

• Like 1

Alright installed the LR 9449's on the rig.
Tires: 265/70r17
Suspension (before): OME MD coils with 1 inch spacer
*also I have trimmed my fender flares about half an inch so take that into account
Before measurements rear: both sides at 36.5 inches
After measurements rear: both sides 38.25 inches
1.75 inch difference with fresh install
I'll post before and after pics of the truck tomorrow but here's a comparison of the LR 9449 coils and OME MD coils with just the coil, 1 inch spacer and 2 inch spacer.18ba92d67411509cbf54629ff6e2feb2.jpg1facf2b593185ac1646b2c76159036f2.jpgfd37cf38ed48424ae4ef548d71a6375a.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

• Like 2

On 2/19/2019 at 4:32 PM, dezm said:

Gotcha, yeah I’m planning on staying away from spacers in general. Going to be trying out the 9447 with OME HD fronts in the next couple weeks. Hopefully the extra inch or two in the rear doesn’t make my 31s look too tiny!

I think it'll look just fine with 31's

• Like 1

9 hours ago, 02_Pathy said:

Alright installed the LR 9449's on the rig.
Tires: 265/70r17
Suspension (before): OME MD coils with 1 inch spacer
*also I have trimmed my fender flares about half an inch so take that into account
Before measurements rear: both sides at 36.5 inches
After measurements rear: both sides 38.25 inches
1.75 inch difference with fresh install
I'll post before and after pics of the truck tomorrow but here's a comparison of the LR 9449 coils and OME MD coils with just the coil, 1 inch spacer and 2 inch spacer.18ba92d67411509cbf54629ff6e2feb2.jpg1facf2b593185ac1646b2c76159036f2.jpgfd37cf38ed48424ae4ef548d71a6375a.jpg

BEEEEFY

• Like 1

Before and after from OME MD to LR NRC 9449's with "32" inch tires and no spare tire in the rear so a little lighter in the rear. Also my driveway is not level7db842dff1424cf8360ca4fc2f55633c.jpgae350de62ec403bda37b087ed1f64fa9.jpg

• Like 6

Before and after from OME MD to LR NRC 9449's with "32" inch tires and no spare tire in the rear so a little lighter in the rear. Also my driveway is not level7db842dff1424cf8360ca4fc2f55633c.jpgae350de62ec403bda37b087ed1f64fa9.jpg

Dang son looking good

• Like 1

Rig is looking mean, love the all black, wish mine was black, what are you running up front for springs?

1 hour ago, DirtyRhino said:

Rig is looking mean, love the all black, wish mine was black, what are you running up front for springs?

http://www.nissanpathfinders.net/forum/profile/39493-02_pathy/

OME HD (settled) and a 1” spacer

Edited by PathyDude17
  • Like 1