Land Rover rear lift spring install

Bax03SE

A bit confused. I was looking at this chart and the NRC9447 is 14.8 inches where the NRC9446 is 15.19 inches. Has anyone found which one will give 2" of lift in the back? Liking this option over spacers in the back.

http://www.red90.ca/rovers/springinfo.html

The 9447 is the passenger side coil, and the 9446 is the driver side coil. On the Defender 90 the driver side springs are half an inch longer for whatever reason. The 9447 will give you about 2.5" of lift in the back, which means the 9446 will give you a little bit more.

I used the NRC 9446 springs and got a 2.5" lift in the rear. I am using KYB rear shocks. My front spacers are 2" and I got 2" of lift. I have not noticed a sag yet.

I used the NRC 9446 springs and got a 2.5" lift in the rear. I am using KYB rear shocks. My front spacers are 2" and I got 2" of lift. I have not noticed a sag yet.

Everything i read you said you used the 9447 springs? I ordered the 9447 for the 2.5" lift you got so hopefully that's what you got

Well guys I must have gotten confused. I checked the paint marks on my springs last night, blue and green, they are 9446's. I know I was thinking, if I did this again I would go with the 9447. Sorry about that.

We need to get Bax03SE to change the sticky post.

If one of you guys use the 9447's please post how much lift was experienced since this isn't an exact science, the amount of lift may vary.

Ill edit the other post. I dont think its too big a deal though, those are both front springs from the same vehicle, and are a little less than .5 inch different according to Land Rover specs. I think its safe to say either 9446 or 9447 will yield between 2-2.5 inches of lift depending on the vehicle. Its pretty common for lift manufacturers to post lift variances in that range anyway to account for variances from one vehicle to the next.

Are the KYB shocks longer than stock? If so do you know how much longer or the model. number.

Thanks

Well guys I must have gotten confused. I checked the paint marks on my springs last night, blue and green, they are 9446's. I know I was thinking, if I did this again I would go with the 9447. Sorry about that.

We need to get Bax03SE to change the sticky post.

If one of you guys use the 9447's please post how much lift was experienced since this isn't an exact science, the amount of lift may vary.

I have 9447's on the way right now. As soon as I throw them on I'll let you know!

just got the 9447's put on tonight got about 3 inches of lift, my guess is it should be about 2" as my suspension is completely wore out. 211,000 miles and all of it looks stock, i compressed the shocks at the start and by the time i put them back on i had to pull them back down as they were still compressed

Thanks!

Looking a little deeper, I noticed the NRC9449 is the same overall height as the NRC9447 but has the heavier load rating of the NRC9448 at 225. The NRC9447 is 175, still much greater than the Pathy's stock springs.

I'm going to order the 9449's and give them a try since I want more load capacity. I will share my findings once I get them on.

Thanks again for sharing this info. Greatly appreciative to me and my wallet potentially!

Here's the outcome of my rear spring replacement from the stock springs with 2.5" lift spacer with the 9449 springs. Went with the 9449's due to the load rating.

Side by side, they are basically the exact same height as the stock spring with spacer.

On the truck however, the new springs give a much increased lift. See pics.

No cutting, just direct replacement of original setup.

Measured original setup prior to changeover, and the truck was sitting around 34" at the top of the rear wheel well. After install, the truck was sitting close to 37".

Jumped on it a bit and took it on a 10+ mile drive, including off-road to settle them in. Final measure was around 36.5" after the drive. We'll see if they settle anymore.

Slight rake but not so much that I can't stand it. Actually like it after the drive helping them settle in. Thinking it will be perfect for towing.

Ride on these springs was surprisingly great. They handle the bumps great and even though they are much more stiff than stock, the ride is very comfortable. Bumps are felt minimally, much better than with the stock springs/spacer.

More like a well tuned sports suspension if that makes sense.

Overall, it's only been about an hour but I highly recommend these to anyone looking for a novice lift with improved towing capacity over stock springs.

Thanks again for sharing this and allowing me to chime in and contribute!

c3094aeb89c763f0105b6e7e5ae02522.jpg5dadc5df55f16bc11456e06bc2ae48ab.jpga27c247edb0e9a4f409474c42793b491.jpga118006bd278d293eb51e50b5fdec803.jpg47c97c639b31e17947337a402d94c53c.jpg8461839e057cce280bed651888fdecbc.jpg3257bc3f936f577709da4e368d388aed.jpg59c0ca4ab7235290a1ae23eaf5e9a194.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

• Like 4

Thanks for sharing, and Im glad it worked out for you. I love seeing all these R50s running around on LR springs now! Ive got about 1000 miles on mine now and I really like how they ride.

• Like 3

The timing is perfect as I plan to lift after finishing my front bumper (& lifter repair of engine). I've wanted the height of AC springs but the quality ride of OME. I usually load down pretty heavy for trips since we're a family of 4 (+ the dog) & I use the truck to trailer dirt, mulch, rocks, etc. for home projects. This looks like it might be a solution that gives me the best of both worlds. I'm thinking HD OME with spacers up front & LR springs in the rear. A little rake unloaded is the price you pay to be able to load heavy or haul a trailer. Otherwise, if you are level unloaded, you end up with a reverse rake when loaded. The only way around it that I am aware of is level unloaded with rear Airlifts to compensate when loaded. That definitely stiffens up the ride when the Airlits are inflated & I think it likely decreases articulation. (Plus it's a pain to keep the minimum pressure in them-I've ruined 2 sets). This looks like a great solution & I'm glad it came along when it did! Keep us updated!

Edited by RainGoat

I am going with the NRC9447 for the back with ? shocks. I am thinking this will give 2- 2 1/2" in the rear. I am going with KYB struts in the front. My question is what could give me 2" of lift in the front via spacers and springs? My front springs are probably a bit saggy if I re-use them. I was t thinking new springs up front with a spacer. Are there any suggestions and combinations that anyone is using that is working well? Also has anyone found a complete KYB strut with spring included?

This thread is awesome. About to overhaul my rusty suspension with all new struts/mounts/shocks and figured I'd do a lift at the same time.
Gonna go with Rancho struts and shocks
Moog front mounts with bearings
Moog camber kit
Moog front springs
Fluery's 2.5" spacer for the front
NRC9447 springs for the rear to match the front lift

Hoping to have it all done in Feb cost around $600 in parts

• Like 1

Michael can you post the part numbers on that Moog stuff? I’ll be interested to hear what others say about the 2.5” lift (greater than 2” typically not recommended due to CV angle).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Michael can you post the part numbers on that Moog stuff? I’ll be interested to hear what others say about the 2.5” lift (greater than 2” typically not recommended due to CV angle).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, I keep going back and forth whether or not I wanna do the 2.5 vs 2. Figured worse case scenario ill go through axles eventually. I work at a garage so access to lifts, tools, and master tech's to help me is plentiful so if i have to swap em so be it

Camber bolts K5330

Springs 51302

Mounts K90301

• Like 1

Yeah, that does make a big difference. 2.5 will look nice! Since I dont have your resources, Ill probably have to live with a little rake & hope it evens out when loaded. It will be interesting to see how yours plays out.

Thanks for the part #s!

This thread is awesome. About to overhaul my rusty suspension with all new struts/mounts/shocks and figured I'd do a lift at the same time.

Gonna go with Rancho struts and shocks

Moog front mounts with bearings

Moog camber kit

Moog front springs

Fluery's 2.5" spacer for the front

NRC9447 springs for the rear to match the front lift

Hoping to have it all done in Feb cost around $600 in parts

I am going with KYB front struts and rebuild kit

New Moog front springs

Fluery's 2.0 spacer for front ( being a bit safer)

NRC9447 for rear

Cam Screws

Bilstein shocks

I am going to build some camping drawers for the back which will bring the back down a bit

• Like 1

Any recommendations on Caber Bolts?

Also is their any other recommended maintenance and or changes I should think about doing when lifting?

All parts are in with shocks on the way (Bilstein). 9447 springs on the back, new Moog on the front with 1 1/2" (2"lift) spacers, new KYB struts

All I lack is the Cam Bolts.

Thinking about doing the brakes while it is taken apart and changing pads etc. and bleeding lines with new brake fluid.

The pathfinder has 137,000 miles purchased in 1997 with 20k miles.

I think the general consensus around here is the KYB struts are good, but the strut bearing and top plate are sketchy. I played it safe and went genuine nissan as most people recommend. I think for camber bolts I have specialty products 81260. No complaints

• Like 1