Painted "Lego" Wheels on 1993 Pathfinder SE

RAWags44

I finally got around to painting the wheels on this. What a difference. The center caps were pretty bad, had to sand them down with the orbital sander. My 16-year-old now wants to drive it to school!

UUPvZWy.jpg

Nu8vqmf.jpg

a7EuccQ.jpg

gLthS5R.jpg

E01tWnm.jpg

e17bruE.jpg

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

I can't stand the look of my legos; I replaced them with different wheels...

...but if I had seen this before I did that, I might have been tempted to paint them, like you did.

They look GREAT. :aok:

• 2 weeks later...

What kind of paint did you use for this project. I've been contemplating doing something like this for some time, but haven't pulled that trigger yet.

It gets a lot of hate from some people, but personally I recommend plasti-dip. I had never plasti-dipped something before and when I did my wheels, it only took me around 3 hours to get a nice even coat on all 4. Not to mention if you don't like the look, just wait the 24 hours for it to cure and peel it off!

• 1 year later...
On 12/21/2017 at 1:43 PM, gamellott said:

What kind of paint did you use for this project. I've been contemplating doing something like this for some time, but haven't pulled that trigger yet.

Sorry I never saw this comment. For the thread, I used Valspar Color Radiance in flat black. I got it at Lowe's but I don't think they sell it any longer. I painted another set of wheels with Majic Tractor, Truck and Implement enamel from Tractor Supply. I'm happy with the results but that paint took FOREVER to dry. 

• Like 1