Rally R50: photos, videos, technical solutions and specifications

I know only two sites with a huge amount of knowledge and dedicated to Pathfinder / Terrano / QX4 - Russian terranoirk.ru and American npora.com

But nowhere is there any information like R50 participation in the rally.

Riding can be not only fast on asphalt or 35-gauge on off-road wheels, but also fast off-road.

For me, if the car performs in a rally team, then it is at the peak of performance in the performance of its model.

Where else can you find such a concentration of engineers, money, time and energy around the question of how to drive quickly there where usually very few people go.

I created this topic in order to gather in this topic technical solutions, characteristics of changes, photos and video R50 in the rally.

And those who have something, let's lay out all the information about the ripe Pathfinder / Terrano / QX4 here.

Unfortunately, there is very little technical information in the internet. Basically just photos and videos.

For example, the rally Terrano R50 96-99 Japanese team: the VG33E engine with 170 hp, the rear suspension remained five-pin, on both axles of the tire size 215 / 85-16. And that's it!

- This, of course, is not enough.

It is clear that this is all for the rally teams was worth a lot of money, and somewhere a solution to the know-how, because to know all this to the owner of the R50 is interesting.

About all technical solutions and draw conclusions you have to judge only by photos.

The internal roll cage is interesting. I also like the support that they have to strengthen the strut mounts. Can't figure out why they did the air intake like that, seems excessive.

Probably not as much work as you'd think. For these sort of trucks, much of the chassis probably remains untouched, only added to. Of course, for every amount of space they free up inside, they quickly consume. The external fuel tank is probably removed completely, and probably a pair of spare tires back there. Windows were probably just popped out and panels welded in.

For overlanding, though, gutting out the rear would be very useful.

The Russian R50 rally team retrofitted or modified the suspension with beefier rear links and stronger front control arms. I'm also guessing that the struts are also not something you can get off the shelf at your average auto parts retailer. For rally competitions, the entire interior is gutted and retrofitted for rally purposes. Weight reduction is key, because they're adding back a lot of weight with spare parts, etc.

That engine looks like a Diesel power plant, not a petrol engine (VG35). That's also a very nice radiator!

• 11 months later...
On 11/24/2017 at 11:04 AM, XPLORx4 said:

The Russian R50 rally team retrofitted or modified the suspension with beefier rear links and stronger front control arms. I'm also guessing that the struts are also not something you can get off the shelf at your average auto parts retailer. For rally competitions, the entire interior is gutted and retrofitted for rally purposes. Weight reduction is key, because they're adding back a lot of weight with spare parts, etc.

That engine looks like a Diesel power plant, not a petrol engine (VG35). That's also a very nice radiator!

I reckon that's a VG33. You can see the two cylinder heads on either side, and the intake manifold seems to match. It's definitely not a TD series diesel, looks nothing like those, and the turbo should be where the air filter is. 

I reckon that's a VG33. You can see the two cylinder heads on either side, and the intake manifold seems to match. It's definitely not a TD series diesel, looks nothing like those, and the turbo should be where the air filter is. 
Да не, это обычный VQ35DE. Передняя стенка и впускной коллектор выдают. Сравните сами.599e590787cf24bcab19ec2b5cf14132.jpg

Отправлено с моего BV9500 через Tapatalk

On 30.10.2018 at 18:57, Alexey_Maruschak said:

Вопрос не "как". А "что без него делать дальше"? ..

Отправлено с моего BV9500 через Tapatalk

I chto delat?