Fitting 33’s on 2.5 inch lift

Bax03SE

So last year I put in the lift and went to 31’s, and of course have been regretting not going larger ever since! So I’m in the process of getting 33’s (285/75/16 which is approx 33x11.5) to fit. It’s lifted on aluminum spacers, 2.5 inch in back and 2 inch in front, with stock replacement oem springs and struts. I would have used fleurys spacers, but I wasn’t on here much at the time and didn’t even know they existed when I bought my spacers. I’ll get back to it on Saturday, but figured I’d share the progress so far. My goal is for these to fit without any running even on full lock, and not to have things look all hacked up in the process.

Here are the rims/tires. I wanted something different than the usual steel wheels, so I picked up these American outlaw alloys in 16x8 with 5” backspacing. I already have 1.5” spacers on the truck so that will give me a final bs of 3.5 to clear the strut. Tires are Kumho road venture MT’s.

54722c1e0af236f75541eca00d037f37.jpg547a8a72c67e8e4d53767fb6d6e3ab15.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

So last year I put in the lift and went to 31’s, and of course have been regretting not going larger ever since! So I’m in the process of getting 33’s (285/75/16 which is approx 33x11.5) to fit. It’s lifted on aluminum spacers, 2.5 inch in back and 2 inch in front, with stock replacement oem springs and struts. I would have used fleurys spacers, but I wasn’t on here much at the time and didn’t even know they existed when I bought my spacers. I’ll get back to it on Saturday, but figured I’d share the progress so far. My goal is for these to fit without any running even on full lock, and not to have things look all hacked up in the process.

Here are the rims/tires. I wanted something different than the usual steel wheels, so I picked up these American outlaw alloys in 16x8 with 5” backspacing. I already have 1.5” spacers on the truck so that will give me a final bs of 3.5 to clear the strut. Tires are Kumho road venture MT’s.

54722c1e0af236f75541eca00d037f37.jpg547a8a72c67e8e4d53767fb6d6e3ab15.jpg

Here’s where I got with trimming in the front. Behind the tire I took off the mudflaps, and a small corner off the bottom of the fender. You can see the cut marked with tape here. 196d38b69ff5377bef2a126e3afc8ff7.jpg

With that cut out I was able to pull the fender liner tight against the new edge of the metal, and secured it from the bottom with a self tapping screw. Obviously hit all bare metal with some black spray paint as well. This let me move the whole corner back about 1.5-2 inches while still retaining the fender liner.

b1ff5243395ee044dd875dabf08d36cb.jpg1db1d43f3478a1d6d9b3c6eee7c974e7.jpg3fc921fae601b2189247ad3586363d40.jpg

For the front of the tire, I pushed the fender liner way forward and secured it with new screws from the bottom of the bumper. I then cut the bottom of the bumper to match the new line of the fender liner.

f45f3eb0688190fdb85158e41a02b0cc.jpg

So far the trimming was done with my 31’s still in place, so we’ll see if I need to go any further but it should be a good start. For the rear I’m just concerned with it tucking under full flex. The rear flares have a pretty good size lip that can come off to free up some space, so I expect to at least do that. I’ll wait to see how it lines up with the tires mounted and go from there.

Stupid thread title! It looks fine on tapatalk, but added funky symbols on web version. Oh well, you all get the point I’m sure.

http://www.nissanpathfinders.net/forum/topic/26398-how-to-fit-33s-on-the-ac-lift/

This thread will tell you everything you need to know and will hopefully answer your question! :search:

?? Thanks but I didn’t ask any questions. I’m just trying to help by documenting what I’m doing because a lot of the older threads don’t have working pictures anymore. Plus I’m trying to keep it clean looking. I’ve seen the thread you linked, but if you watch his video it looks like he trimmed his truck blindfolded with a weedwacker, lol, so I’m trying to show how it can be done without looking so hacked up.

Here’s a few more pics of the drivers side to show where I’m at so far for clearance. Again, this is still with 31’s in place, so I may still need to make a few more adjustments. Ups dropped off the new wheels/tires last night so I’m just waiting to get some time this weekend to mount them up. Also a pic of the light bar I threw in the front in between trimming yesterday.

05b383cc774315500643f1f8675211a5.jpgbed2b0e76c081c14438e967be133d145.jpg8a485d9a9d605539c636bab474c66535.jpg

Yeah I fully expect to do some trimming on the rear, just not sure exactly how much until I get the wheels in place. Ill keep it updated with the progress and solution. My flex is limited a bit though because I have airbags in the rear coils for towing, but they also act as bump stops, so it wont flex and tuck as much as one without the air bags.

?? Thanks but I didn’t ask any questions. I’m just trying to help by documenting what I’m doing because a lot of the older threads don’t have working pictures anymore. Plus I’m trying to keep it clean looking. I’ve seen the thread you linked, but if you watch his video it looks like he trimmed his truck blindfolded with a weedwacker, lol, so I’m trying to show how it can be done without looking so hacked up.

My bad man!! I guess I didn't look closely enough at what you wrote. Your rig is looking quite good by the way! (:

I’ll update with more pics and details soon, but they’re on! I definitely had to do a lot more trimming than I originally hoped, but I love the final result. I can turn tight figure eights, hop curbs, back out of raised driveways at full steering lock, etc...with good clearance and no rubbing anywhere. I still have to address the rear flares. It’s fine for street use, but I am going to trim the lower lip off the flares to gain another inch or so of clearance from the top of the tire. Here are a few quick pics of the overall truck as it sits right now. db53f7d2a79cdfe4ab58afccdb5e2e7f.jpgcaa4c47aca3f3fb50e4b167595204655.jpgc1ca38b68c40a81e1d16e1de3dc8e502.jpg

• Like 3

My bad man!! I guess I didn't look closely enough at what you wrote. Your rig is looking quite good by the way! (:

It’s all good! Thanks!

Thanks, tapatalk wont post pics right now for me so I’ll try again later, but I trimmed the rear flares today. If you’ve ever looked closely at the flares they have an inner and outer lip, and if you cut off the lower lip you can gain about 1.5” of additional clearance.