Door interchangeability

bstone

Hi-

Just wondering if the power doors and non power doors are interchangeable. My 2 passenger doors are damaged with a dent low across both doors. Was at the pick and pull today and found a 92 with good doors, but it has manual locks and windows. Can I just swap the guts out of mine into the new ones? I know some cars that doesn't work well, but just wondered if anyone can shed some light on the pathys specifically.

Thanks-

Brady

IIRC the speaker holes are different on some rigs (not sure what the cutoff was between round and oval speakers), no idea about the regulators and locks. I'd be surprised if Nissan made an entirely different stamping. I'd just get a picture of what your doors look like with the interior panels off, then check and see if there's anything different in the wrecker doors just to be sure.

You should be able to swap the guts over no issue. I've done it on a front door once. If anything is riveted in place you will need to drill out the rivets and either bolt/rivet the parts back on. I don't remember if or what is though, it was 7 years ago!

The speaker holes are all the same, the later models just had a plastic adapter plate that allows the oval speakers to mount. At least as far as I've seen.