wd22 frame with wd21 body?

Bladesz

my pathy frame is pretty bad and ive been thinking about swapping the entire frame out to keep it lasting alot longer than just patching. i was wondering if anybody knew if the body mount positions are close to the same from the wd21 and wd22 frames. figured it would be easier to find a first gen X so i can use the vg33 out of it as a new heart aswell. if not I figured id just get another wd21 frame and clean it up to throw back under my body. any knowledge of the difference of frames would be greatly appreciated.

Looking at the alignment and x,y,z coordinates in the FSMs it would be a crap-ton of fabricating mounts and adapters.... almost none of the points line up and heights and positions are all over the place. It might be possible but only if you can work on it on a flat floor, indoors somewhere. That is still beyond what I am willing to do.

I was in the same position with my '95. Lots of clean frames in the wrecking yards around here, but I started thinking about how much work and how many new parts it would take to get everything swapped over and decided I'd be better off finding a cleaner rig with a blown motor or mushed body and build one out of two. I ended up finding a very clean '93 (apart from the smoker interior and the dead rat) and parted out the '95. I would've liked to save that truck but I just didn't have the resources at the time.

• Like 1