Fuel Mileage

tthomasd614

I am not sure how much my fuel tank holds but I get about 250-270 (if I am lucky) miles to the tank. Anybody else getting these numbers? I know v6 isn’t gonna be the best on fuel mileage but this seems really bad. Any suggestions to help with fuel mileage at all?

96 pathfinder 3.3l 5spd manual 4wd

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mud terrain tires?

Nope! I didn’t have CEL but I did scan for codes and I am getting a p0325. Knock sensor. This sucks. I definitely don’t have the money to take it in to get replaced, nor the patience or knowledge to do it myself. However, I did read something about relocating it. Not sure if that’ll make a difference at all but I guess it’s worth a shot.

• Like 1

Nope! I didn’t have CEL but I did scan for codes and I am getting a p0325. Knock sensor. This sucks. I definitely don’t have the money to take it in to get replaced, nor the patience or knowledge to do it myself. However, I did read something about relocating it. Not sure if that’ll make a difference at all but I guess it’s worth a shot.

Relocating a knock sensor is not that hard at all. There are several YouTube videos showing you how to do it. Just get a good quality knock sensor with a pig-tail harness.

I cheaper out the first time I tried it.....the pigtail harness had a bad ground connection. The sensor was okay, took me a long while to figure out the problem though.

• Like 1

You say 250-270 miles per tank. How much are you putting in at fill up? It is a 21 gallon tank, and the gauges on these tend to read more empty than they actually are.

Get the knock sensor relocated or bypassed, how old are the o2 sensors? I replaced them on my Xterra and gained 4-5 mpg instantly. I could never get more than 14mpg before I changed them. And there were no codes, just get lazy over time.

You say 250-270 miles per tank. How much are you putting in at fill up? It is a 21 gallon tank, and the gauges on these tend to read more empty than they actually are.

Get the knock sensor relocated or bypassed, how old are the o2 sensors? I replaced them on my Xterra and gained 4-5 mpg instantly. I could never get more than 14mpg before I changed them. And there were no codes, just get lazy over time.

It has been from full tank until I get to empty. So by my calculations I am only getting about 11-12 mpg. I ordered the knock sensor and wiring harness today. Which o2 sensors should I replace? I’m sure the sensors are old. I have only owned the rig since August so I am not sure. I had and 02 xterra a few years ago that would only get 14mpg too. Bugged the living heck outta me! I loved that rig and am sad that I got rid of it.

Relocating a knock sensor is not that hard at all. There are several YouTube videos showing you how to do it. Just get a good quality knock sensor with a pig-tail harness.

I cheaper out the first time I tried it.....the pigtail harness had a bad ground connection. The sensor was okay, took me a long while to figure out the problem though.

Thanks for the tip! I found a video that shows exactly how to do it. Hopefully the wires colors will cooperate with me. Lol

Just to fill everyone in, I relocated the knock sensor like all the videos have shown and have since fired it up and to my surprise, the p0325 code went away! Hopefully, I see an improvement in my fuel mileage. Next I think I’m gonna replace the o2 sensors like was previously suggested. The hardest part of this whole process was crimping the wires together. I’ve never done it before so it was a learning for me!