Second opinion for Upper Control Arm

Murph

Looking for a second opinion. I picked up a 1995 pathfinder. Pretty clean but has needed just a little tlc since it's over 20 years old. About to replace the suspension since it is all saggy and the shocks are the original ones and haven't been serviced. I'll put a mild 1.5"-2" lift on it.

My question, do you think I'll need to replace the upper control arms up front for just torquing the torsion bars up an inch or two?

You shouldn't have a problem. Only reason for new uca's is to get correct alignment and ball joint angle. I've had my 92 lifted at least 2 inches for over a year of hard wheeling and highway driving and no problems at all. Make sure you do the jgc springs in the rear to save some cash. They can be had at AutoZone for $40/pair brand new and no fooling in the junk yard

You shouldn't have a problem. Only reason for new uca's is to get correct alignment and ball joint angle. I've had my 92 lifted at least 2 inches for over a year of hard wheeling and highway driving and no problems at all. Make sure you do the jgc springs in the rear to save some cash. They can be had at AutoZone for $40/pair brand new and no fooling in the junk yard

You mean stock Jeep Grand Cherokee springs? Front or back and what year?

Front v8 Cherokee springs. Google it you'll get the answer because I'm not positive on the year but I want to say 98.

Type in Google lifting wd21 using jeep Cherokee springs. You'll get forum threads right off the bat.

Can we just put all this information in one forum and pin it at the top so it doesn't have to be asked all the time? Would help out newbies and make it so we don't habe to answer the same questions all the time.