Help needed WD21 terrano clutch shudder

RanoNZ

Hi everyone Im new here,

Needing help with my Terrano, it has bad clutch shudder in 1st and reverse while slipping clutch. It is literally just out of the workshop where its just had gearbox rebuilt and a brand new genuine clutch kit installed along with a professionaly resurfaced flywheel. Also had rear main seal done and new throw out bearing and spigot bush.

So it's previous clutch had exactly the same problem, and the new clutch has done it right from the get go.

Engine and gearbox mounts seem ok, only problem I can find is that the clutch slave cylinder boot is full of fluid, but it still seems smooth and perfectly operating.

So yea the mechanic thinks its a faulty clutch plate, but I would love to hear if anyone here has had a similar problem.

Thanks in advance

Cheers

Have you flushed and bled the fluid and the clutch damper? Mine was low on fluid and the fluid it did have in there was absolutely disgusting, leading to a really finnicky clutch.

I don't believe I have clutch shudder, but I DID think I had some a while back. Turns out now it's from my engine running really roughly, 1 fuel injector is dead and 2 are dying, so it's running on like 4 1/2 cylinders, which you can only really notice in 1st or R. How's your engine running?

Edited by ubertalldude

• 2 weeks later...

Yea hydraulics are fine, I just had the clutch removed again and another brand new Exedy installed and its still exactly the same, current suspected problem is excessive crankshaft end float.

Yea motor runs fine as well.

Thanks for your comment though 😊

Have you flushed and bled the fluid and the clutch damper? Mine was low on fluid and the fluid it did have in there was absolutely disgusting, leading to a really finnicky clutch.

I don't believe I have clutch shudder, but I DID think I had some a while back. Turns out now it's from my engine running really roughly, 1 fuel injector is dead and 2 are dying, so it's running on like 4 1/2 cylinders, which you can only really notice in 1st or R. How's your engine running?