Putting Toyota Wheels on a Nissan

DarekG

Has anyone ever put factory Toyota wheels onto a Nissan? Apparently they use mag style lug nuts with 12x1.50 threadpitch which is really uncommon from what I've found.

Nissan wheels use regular acorn style nugs with 12x1.25 and finding them in a mag style nut is difficult. I think I found something that might work, was wondering if anyone else has had success with this?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/24-Pc-Wheel-Lug-Nuts-Toyota-Lexus-Mag-Wheels-Fit-Nissan-Subaru-12x1-25-Studs-/371923991662

Yeah, I've seen it done a couple times (both stock and aftermarket toyota wheels). We share the same bolt pattern as 4runners (6x5.5), so their wheels will fit, but I'm not 100% sure about their stock backspacing. I run american racing wheels that came off of a friend's 4runner and they are amazing, and I tested some fj cruiser wheels as well, which had too much backspacing to work well without spacers, but they had bigger tires on, so this may have been part of the issue. I've seen factory wheels from an older 4runner used, and they actually look pretty nice. Much better than our stock wheels in my opinion.

• Like 1

I have current-gen 4Runner 17" on my 98 Frontier 2wd. Same bolt 6x5.5 bolt pattern and 100mm wheel bore as the Pathfinder. Bought 100-106mm hub centric rings, M12x1.25 mag-style lugs, and wheel locks on eBay to make it all work.

3_F074_E59-_B62_A-47_BA-9_ACF-1_A0900296

Backspacing comparisons will vary based on the rim of choice. These ones (17x7) have less backspacing than my stock 16x7, so they stick out a little further. I have a spare wheel in this style if you want any dimensions or comparisons. I plan to put these on the Pathfinder, too, when it's time to replace the tires.

TowndawgR50 put a set of Tacoma wheels on his before, I think, but maybe only for mocking up?

Yeah the backspacing is fine. I managed to put it on with the Nissan acorns on the front just to test fitment, they cleared full lock.

Unfortunately by biggest challenge the the lug nuts. Apparently 1.25's in mag style are hard to find.

They're readily available from Amazon, Summit Racing, AutoZone, ORielly's, Big O Tires etc. I wouldn't buy them from a local vendor if you can avoid it. Online deals tend to blow most local prices away.

Ive had Nissan vehicles that date back to the 70's and they've all been M12x1.25 mag lugs. My Z's, 720 4x4 pickup, 240SX, B210 and this R50 all have had the same lugs. I think Ive been using the same 3 or 4 sets for the last 18 years.

I also know firsthand that you can drive this FJ Cruiser wheel 80 miles, with acorns lugs, on a Saturday evening, in the middle of the desert, to the only tire installer in a 150-mile radius that is still open, has 4 tires in the same size, and that size is >31", after completely destroying two Duratracs within 20 minutes of each other.

IMG_3776.jpg

The offset was about perfect, I might add.

Edited by hawairish
  • Like 2

Yeah the backspacing is fine. I managed to put it on with the Nissan acorns on the front just to test fitment, they cleared full lock.

Unfortunately by biggest challenge the the lug nuts. Apparently 1.25's in mag style are hard to find.

I bought these from this guy: http://www.ebay.com/itm/161990333202. I even paid $9 more than what he's asking now ($20.48). Fits 21mm socket, too, same as stock.

• Like 1

I had a set of 96'-98' 4runner wheels that I almost put on my pathfinder, I remember the backspacing being only like 1/8" less than stock. I also had purchased the same lug nuts that hawairish posted.

I believe BS for 1st gen xterras/frontiers is 5.5", so Toyota wheels will give a wider stance. I wish R50's had the same BS, because I want so badly to put some xterra SC wheels on my pathy haha

I have the same 15 inch toyota rims as the video in michfellers post with the mag nuts from ebay like hawairish 's link. I can get pictures when it stops raining.

I also used centering rings to center the rims on my hubs where the toyota rims were hubcentric:

http://www.sfxperformance.com/parts/KMCW106-100.htm

• 3 weeks later...

The recommended ones above worked perfectly, these wheels and tires gave me about 2 inches more clearance and have way nicer fitment than the OEM Nissan wheels. Very happy with how it turned out..

• Like 1