NEWBIE intro

DIRT_LIFE

Good Morning,

I am a newbie to the NPORA forum. I hope to learn lots of good stuff from ya'll so I can mod my pathy.

I had an Xterra...but it was totaled when the drive shaft dropped, hit the ground and shot up through the floor of the vehicle while I going about 60 mph. Its set off all my airbags...and I had to change my shorts. After the Xterra, I went to a Jeep. I have had nothing but problems with them. I have had three..all were money pits. So finally, I wrote down my wish list....

older vehicle

4x4

manual shift

minimum computer/electronic control

room in the back so I can sleep in it

easy to repair in the field

I ended up with a 1999 Nissan Pathfinder...and I love it. I have had it for 5 months and only had two problems. Both were known issues with I purchased it. First was my flex transmission hose burned through. It was an easy fix, once I figure out the issue. Then I had a real bad case of the "sway of death". This ended up being an easy fix too...did not realize how bad my tires were. The rear tires had separated causing wobbles each time I hit big bumps in the road. Once I put on new tires, it stopped the issue.

My goal is to mod my Pathy for off road trips. I want to add:

2 inch lift

bigger tires

diff locks

metal front bumper with bull bar and winch

lots of lights

extra battery

solar panels

At this point, I am unsure if I want to put my accessories in the back or if I want to build a trailer for my accessories.

My first goal? Metal bumper with Winch and bull bar. If you know of where I can get one for a 99 Pathy, let me know....or if you have a design with measurements you are willing to share....that would be awesome.

Thank you for any advice or help you can give.

Have a great day!

Dirt_Life

• Like 2

Welcome! A metal bumper is hard to come by with these things. There's been a couple companies that have made of them, but some have a poor reputation. The only one you can still get new is ARB, and it commands a pretty hefty price. My suggestion would be to go custom. For a lift, check out sfcreation.com for spacer, the guy who commented above runs the company.

• Like 1

Welcome! A metal bumper is hard to come by with these things. There's been a couple companies that have made of them, but some have a poor reputation. The only one you can still get new is ARB, and it commands a pretty hefty price. My suggestion would be to go custom. For a lift, check out sfcreation.com for spacer, the guy who commented above runs the company.

Thank you.

I was looking at ARB but don't really want to spend the money. I am going to learn to weld and try to make one on my own. I am sure welding will come in handy for other projects too.

Thanks for the lead for lift kit spacers. Those are excellent prices! Cool decals too.

• Like 1

Welcome mate! Keep the forums alive! There are a few prominent old timers here but regardless, their is vast amounts of info here. Although photos linked to photobucket may not work unless your have a plug in for chrome browsers or you actually click and go to the actual link.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Welcome mate! Keep the forums alive! There are a few prominent old timers here but regardless, their is vast amounts of info here. Although photos linked to photobucket may not work unless your have a plug in for chrome browsers or you actually click and go to the actual link.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Thanks for the welcome.

Yes...there is lots of knowledge here. I have had my Pathy for about 6 months and the cruise control never worked. After reading this forum, I fixed it in less than 5 minutes.

I don't even get a link for photo bucket. I click on the photo bucket image and nothing happens. Will any URL work to host pictures or do I have to use photo bucket?

Thanks for the welcome.

Yes...there is lots of knowledge here. I have had my Pathy for about 6 months and the cruise control never worked. After reading this forum, I fixed it in less than 5 minutes.

I don't even get a link for photo bucket. I click on the photo bucket image and nothing happens. Will any URL work to host pictures or do I have to use photo bucket?

You definitely do not have to use PhotoBucket! I use postimage.org, I've also heard that imgur works. There's lots of other options too.