Options for replacing the seats.

Citron

Over the weekend I spent about 7 hours in the Pathy, and determined that the seat is horrible. Makes sense, it is 25 years old with 256000 on it.

I believe I have two options, either new springs and padding for the seat, a rebuild, or new seats. I would like new seats, maybe with adjustable lumbar. Does anyone know if the seats out of something else will fit? Xterra, maybe, or really anything. Mustang seats are nice. Any ideas?

Zed put Mustang seats in his and seemed pretty happy with them. Of course the pictures are dead because Photobucket but it sounds like an easy enough process. I haven't messed with mine much but I need to open up the driver's seat sooner or later to either fix the seam that's failing or swap for something else.

• Like 1

The xterra seats are worse. Trust me, I have one. I get into my wd21 and I'm like "ahhhhh".

To be honest I would try and fine some of the leather seats out of an SE or LE. I love mine and they have adjustable lumbar. Even my old 95 SE cloth seats had adjustable lumbar. I'm guessing the 92 didn't.

Rebuilding them would be nice, then you'd have something new.

I've driven a wd21 across the country twice from Ontario to the Pacific Ocean. Last year being the most recent time. Had no complaints about the seats.

Edited by adamzan
  • Like 2

Like most vehicles, you can swap out buckets pretty easily. The trick is to be able to install the replacement seats on the pathfinder tracks. If you find a seat that you can remove the tracks and fabricate a plate or mount that will bolt onto the pathy seat tracks, you're set.

Here's the breakdown of the seat track for the pathy...

wBB0VMD.jpg

Edited by OH6PILOT
  • Like 2

The original pathy seats were real back killers for me.

I lucked on a pair of Mustang GT seats and they fit perfectly. Using the old pathy rails and attaching them to the base of the GT seats - which lined up perfectly. Had to get creative on raising the outer side (used spark plug sockets ground down to proper height).

I'll see if I can't get a pic up for you.

• Like 1

I really like the idea of cupholders. The mustang seats look nice too.

Thanks for all the ideas guys. I will need to investigate cost and time now and make a decision.

The original pathy seats were real back killers for me.

I lucked on a pair of Mustang GT seats and they fit perfectly. Using the old pathy rails and attaching them to the base of the GT seats - which lined up perfectly. Had to get creative on raising the outer side (used spark plug sockets ground down to proper height).

I'll see if I can't get a pic up for you.

What year Mustang? Those seats look awesome.

~Hans

Over the weekend I spent about 7 hours in the Pathy, and determined that the seat is horrible. Makes sense, it is 25 years old with 256000 on it.

I believe I have two options, either new springs and padding for the seat, a rebuild, or new seats. I would like new seats, maybe with adjustable lumbar. Does anyone know if the seats out of something else will fit? Xterra, maybe, or really anything. Mustang seats are nice. Any ideas?

I just took some seats out of a 2004 pathy and put them in my 98 pathy love them

Sent from my SM-S337TL using Tapatalk

What year Mustang? Those seats look awesome.

~Hans

------------------------------

I think they came out of a 2002. The driver side was electric - which I gutted. I actually switched the seat sides as the bolster on the less-used passenger seat was like new.