Towing prep list?

Bax03SE

Ive never towed with the Pathy before, and am going to start towing a 6x12 enclosed trailer 3-4 times a year (hauling props for kids dance competitions). I just want to go through the list of what Ive done to see if theres anything Im forgetting to make sure its up to the task.

Its an 03, and mechanically the truck is sound, only 83k miles and well maintained. I did give it a good once over last week and found a few things that needed attention. I replaced an intake boot that was starting to crack, and the cooling fan blade was developing some cracks so I replaced that as well. Also flushed and replaced the coolant.

For towing specific stuff, I put on a class III hitch, 4 pin harness, airlift 1000 helper springs to keep the rear level when towing, and installed an external transmission cooler. Anything else Im not thinking of?

I'd do a flush and fill with synthetic ATF. Though I have a manual.

Also I tow a 2600 lb travel trailer. It tows OK and the truck brakes do pretty well on their own. But you need to drive conservative since not everyone around you will. I had one person cut in front of me and slow down quickly.

My trailer has electric brakes and I need to finish getting them wired up to the truck. I wouldn't want to go heavier than 3000 lbs, or much less in hilly areas, without them wired up.

Sent from my FRD-L04 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the replies. The ATF was replaced last year with Castrol import multi vehicle fluid. The trailer has a dry weight of 1200 lbs, and a max rating of 3000. Most of the stuff well be hauling is bulky but not heavy, so I dont expect it to ever get much heavier than 2000 when fully loaded.