Any way to check real time status of my pathy using an OBD scanner?

I saw that there was a couple connectors under the dash and the widest connector looks like it can connect to a computer or OBD Scanner. Is there any adapter or some sort which I can connect to an OBD2 scanner or such? And my pathfinder is the 95 so it has that "onboard diagnostics" with mode settings.

I don't believe 1995's had OBDII, so no probably not. All you can really do are the ECU diagnostics to "read codes" but you can't do anything like use a ScanGauge or a bluetooth adapter with Torque on your smartphoone.

I've seen OBD1 to OBD2 adapters offered for other EFI systems, even for Nissans, but I've never seen one with an end that looks like it would fit the connector in a WD21. I don't think the ECU in these is even capable of talking to a reader. This writeup is for a different Nissan but have a look at the FSM excerpt at the end to see what Nissan's code checker box looked like--just a box with two lights, a button, and a buzzer in case you didn't want to look at the lights. I built a similar device from schematics somewhere in (or linked from, don't remember exactly) this thread on Infamous and mounted it to my dashboard so that I can run codes or monitor the O2 sensor or whatever from the driver's seat rather than screwing around with the ECU directly. It's still just flashing lights, though.

If you're good with coding, and bored, you could probably rig up some kind of arduino decoder that would run the ECU through its test modes, collect the data, and look up the codes for you. You're never gonna get the functionality of a modern OBD2 out of it, though.

• Like 1

(edit timed out)

Looking through that Infamous thread again, it looks like the curse of Photobucket struck there too and took out the pictures I built mine from. If you want to go that route, PM me, I probably still have the schematic saved somewhere.