Self adjusting rear brake hardware help!

RCWD21

I decided to install a spring kit for my rear drum brakes today and when I opened up the drivers side the adjusting hardware was all missing except for the cable guide and star wheel assembly.

I'm missing the cable assembly, the little adjuster arm that rotates the star wheel, and the spring associated with that arm.

I can find kits all day long for fords, dodges, and chevys, but nothing for nissans. And looking at diagrams they don't really show anything of use and not every part code is listed either.

I've attached a screenshot of a similar kit to show what I'm after. I need everything for the drivers side and I also need the adjuster arm for the passenger side since it's been bent all out of wack over the years.

I'm not 100% sure what else I could be looking on at the pick n pulls to be able to find these little pieces but everything I've found so far either has a smaller axle than the h233b or is the newer style found from 89 on up.

If it comes down to it I was planning on just updating everything back there, but I'd much rather find these much needed parts.7781a6df034cbbe75b624e9874a4c963.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Did you post up some pics of other brake backing plates, and if so, which did yours look like? If it's for the 87 SE in your profile, based on a quick search of the RH adjuster, p/n 44200-31G10, it looks like any 86-89 D21 4WD (2.4L or 3.0L) and 87-89 WD21 will work. Even if it has the C200 axle, they are very similar axles. The axle shafts are practically identical, and otherwise dimensionally the same with exception of the differential and gears.

• 1 month later...

Sorry it took me so long to reply to this thread. I never got any notifications about it. Here are a couple pics I took when I had it apart. You can see the little L shaped arm below the axle shaft. But thanks to you posting what should cross over now I know what to look for when I go to the pick n pull again.488e1d51149cbf5463687fb2fe620e99.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Edited by RCWD21