Someone help me with my pathfinder

WD21daily

so my 89WD21 has been acting up lately, first of all my battery warning light and E-Brake light stay on all the time. Well this friday my E-Brake light went off, so i thought oh good one less problem to worry about.... WRONG. about a mile down the road the truck just died out of nowhere while i was driving, it cranked just fine when i went to start it agin but would only start if i used the interlock switch and would die out again as soon as i tried to get on the gas. so i left the truck sit for an hour and came back to it.... ran fine. this same thing happened to me 4 or 5 times since friday, if the E-Brake light stays out for over a minute or two then the truck will shut down and wont move again for another hour or so, sometimes it happens when the vehicle is warm sometimes it happens when its cold. if you have any information at all please let me know, im at at total loss. Thank you!

I'm an R50 guy, but recently my brake and batterly lights came on, turns out this is sort of a code in a lot of japanese vehicles to warn of a failing alternator. I replaced mine, haven't had the lights since. But my truck never shut off or wouldn't start. But those two lights usually means you have a charging system issue, have a shop or parts store run a starting system check on it

the alternator checks out good, do you think it could be a weak wire leading to the alternator?

How was this tested or confirmed? Did you make sure your battery connections were secure and clean? No loose connections?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Edited by Cuong Nguyen

• 4 weeks later...