Photos on 'Photobucket' not visible

TerranoProject

Hi everyone, just new here on the forum having inherited a wreck of a Terrano 88 and stupidly decide to renovate it ! Well, it seemed like a good idea at the time. I found a really great post here 'How to replace the plastic snap connectors in the door locking mechanism' but unfortunately can't see the images. I also saw that Photobucket have started demanding money from users. Do I have to pay to see the images?

I'll try and not be a pain in the *** but I'm hoping for a lot of tips and help from all you knowledgable Pathy and Terrano guys out there......

Unfortunately Photobucket decided to go from free picture hosting to paid picture hosting, overnight, with basically no warning. They don't want money from you, they want money from whoever the pictures belong to. And they want $400/year, so don't hold your breath that the pictures are gonna come back.

I have yet to find a reliable way to view those pictures, even on Photobucket's buggy pile of spam-bloated crap they call a website. Sometimes you can click the image, and it'll come up on their site (still as a placeholder), but show the user's name. Click on that and you can view their album, and possibly find the pictures you want from there. I was unable to get into the account on the thread you're talking about and suspect the account's been deleted. Also, my laptop fan is still running balls-out from the amount of crap that Photobucket tried to run on my machine, some of which is evidently still running in the background. (Edit: Turns out it was a pop-up window pulling a whopping three gigs of ram!)

This video (made by a member here) might just have what you need, or at least get you started.

It's been a while since I had my doors apart, but it sounds like you mean the clips that hold the metal actuator rods into the door handles? IIRC you just rotate the bottom of the clip off the vertical part of the rod (it's just clipped on), rotate it out of the way, then pull the top of the rod (where it's bent 90°) out of the clip. I'd post a picture, but I was on Photobucket too.

Oh, and :welcome:

Edited by Slartibartfast

Thanks Slartibartfast, that video helped and I found another that identified the clips, what can go wrong and even the part numbers.

Big help, thanks again. I'll be back to humbly beg for assistance and knowledge as I'm only just getting started with this restoration.

Hate to think what I've got myself into !!!

Oh, and I won't be going near photobucket now, thanks for that tip too.