Bolt size and pitch

Citron

I am in town right now and forgot to bring the bolt with me. Anyone know the size and pitch of the bolts that bolt the J hook to the frame on the front?

Guy at Fastenal had a wd22. The bolts on his were m10 1.25. I assumed the wd21 would be the same and bought them. I will check after work.

If I remember correctly, they're larger on the wd21. I know they're bigger than what I though they were gonna be when I added a second hook to my old pathfinder. I plan on getting one for the rear of my pathfinder for a quick hookup

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Checked mine, looks like 12 x 1.25 to me but my set doesn't go that high so my basis for the 12 part of that was holding the bolt threads to a ruler and squinting. 17mm head, for all that matters.

RC, I like the idea. I've got a (sketchy homebrew) D ring mount that fits in the tow hitch but have to dig it out of the junk in the back when I need it. Where are you planning to mount rear hooks on yours?

Your right, it is m12 1.25. We need to run to town for shopping tomorrow so I will try to return the m10 stuff and get m12

Checked mine, looks like 12 x 1.25 to me but my set doesn't go that high so my basis for the 12 part of that was holding the bolt threads to a ruler and squinting. 17mm head, for all that matters.

RC, I like the idea. I've got a (sketchy homebrew) D ring mount that fits in the tow hitch but have to dig it out of the junk in the back when I need it. Where are you planning to mount rear hooks on yours?

I'm not sure yet, probably near the center so it doesn't cause undue stress on the mounts even though I don't plan on using it for full on recovery. More or less for lighter stuff like pulling branches and logs out of my way etc.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Late to the party, but the 12x1.25 is in a few places on the WD21. Lugs, front tow mounts, rear body mounts and t-bar adjusting bolts. It might even be the same thread as the UCA bolts, but I'm not sure about that.

Late to the party, but the 12x1.25 is in a few places on the WD21. Lugs, front tow mounts, rear body mounts and t-bar adjusting bolts. It might even be the same thread as the UCA bolts, but I'm not sure about that.

The UCA ones are M14.1.5x50, or 60mm if you need to add more shims lol.

Also in case anyone doesn't know. Grade 8.8 in metric is equivalent to standard GRADE 5. You need grade 10.9 in metric to be the same as standard grade 8. I've seen so many people attaching @!*% with 8.8 bolts and I'm thinking, I'm never riding in this vehicle ever.

Edited by adamzan