Roof Rack Mounting?

Currently I have a Curt roof rack with extension attached to my factory cross bars using the included u-bolts and brackets. Although it doesn't seem to move around with my spare tire up there, I want to make sure it's very secure, as I intend to add limb risers, which will obviously need to be very tight. Previously I had it mounted with 4 bolts directly to the roof rails which although secure, was maybe a little bit too secure, as I found out the next time I took it offroading (although it was extreme wheeling, so maybe it wouldn't happen again if I wheeled more reasonably?) when 3 of the 4 bolts sheared off. I've had the suggestion to use conduit hangers, however I think that would allow just as much movement as the stock mounting arrangement. Previously I had wanted to alter the mounting because the roofrack's high position bothered me, but now I've gotten used to it and am just looking for a stronger solution. Opinions?

I've had a low profile basket directly mounted to my rails (between the load bars) for 15 years without problem. I used stainless steel hardware & angle iron to hold it in place at the four corners (it is essentially impossible to clean my roof under it-the NW climate makes everything grow-including my roof). All that said, it doesn't see hard core wheeling-it's more of an Overlander rig. I too would like to put on limb risers as I used to wheel in the desert, but now I'm in the PacNW. A full expedition rack is too costly & probably doesn't exist for a R50 anyway. I was thinking of something like Stioc's Rolla hard mounted to the rails but kind of hate to give up use of the sunroof-also, I need a hard mount at the front of the hood as there aren't Path bull bar bumpers anymore. I'll be interested in your limb riser solution for sure!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk