Photobucket ransom?

TowndawgR50

I just became aware of the scandal thats holding peoples media until you fork out 400 or 40 a month. Anyone find a go around? Can photos be retrieved? What services are people using to host now?

You can still download them from your account, you just can't post them here with links like before. I would download them all and move them to imgur or something.

• Like 1

So what are we going to do about the pictures that are messed up? Will admins give a time period for use to go in and replace them with working pics? I'd hate to lose the posts (at least the ones in my build thread) showing the progress of my rig.

Problem is I dont know what is what in the photos. Maybe the link will show up under inspection and provide an image title. Having to go back through and establish the images all over again would be a chore for sure.

I still use tinypic.com, the site has problems some days but most of the time it works just fine.

I thought tinypic was owned by Photobucket?

I didnt always post in chronological order. Photobucket would organize the photos randomly sometimes after uploading.

I was able to download my images finally. Crazy to think Ive been using it since 2004. End of an era.

fskc photobucket. Nearly ALL the how-to's and info threads on club xterra are dead because of this bull@!*%.

:headwall: It's getting pretty difficult to research just about anything on forums. Really annoying. This has destroyed years of priceless information.

I could understand implementing a subscription system, as everyone is doing for everything these days (office 365, adobe creative cloud), but they could have at least grandfathered in people with existing accounts. I hate BS subscription crap.

• Like 2

As someone currently heavily researching forums both for my own rig & the Toyota ones for my mom's rig, it is incredibly annoying and sad to see all the lost pictorial information!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The more I think about this the more it infuriates me. It's comparable to a library full of the last copy of thousands of important books being burned down on purpose.... :angry: Photobucket really should leave the pictures that are already up alone.

Or be reasonable. Give notice and ask for a fair rate. Like others have mentioned, over a decade worth of technical write-ups across the net are void of images now.

If they fixed the site so it works properly and asked for something like $40-60 folks would have coughed it up. They had the biggest user base. That would have made them a killing. But 400 a year for a poorly functioning site crippled by irritating adds? Forget about it.

• Like 1

Or be reasonable. Give notice and ask for a fair rate. Like others have mentioned, over a decade worth of technical write-ups across the net are void of images now.

If they fixed the site so it works properly and asked for something like $40-60 folks would have coughed it up. They had the biggest user base. That would have made them a killing. But 400 a year for a poorly functioning site crippled by irritating adds? Forget about it.

I believe when you pay, on any plan, the ads are removed. So that's not really the issue. The rest of your points I totally agree with. I probably would have paid up to 150 per year to keep it going.

I also used to use webshots, not even sure if that is still around anymore.