Replacing Injectors and checking harness

awyisss

Hey guys so I think I have two injectors that are not working, #1 and #2. I pulled each spark plug wire while the engine was running and #1 and #2 had made no change in RPM. The spark plugs i had put in the day before, and the plug wires are working because i could see spark when putting the ends up to a set of pliers. I pulled the spark plugs from those two cylinders, and they seem dry and did not smell of gasoline at all, which leads me to believe its an injector issue.

So far i've pulled #1 injector and checked the resistance, it says OL which leads me to believe there's no continuity within the coils of the solenoid. I'll be pulling #2 tomorrow.

I noticed there's a blue dot on the injector #1, and when looking up replacements on RockAuto, some do not mention the color of the dot, one says blue or black, and two other ones are specifically blue or black dot. If #2 also needs replacing, i plan to purchase the beck/arnley injectors that specifies that it can be used for blue or black dot (unless my local parts store has them cheaper, i doubt it but i'll call tomorrow). I was wondering if any of you may have purchased these before, and what is the difference?

Also, if the resistance of injector #2 is okay (between 10 and 14 ohms from what i've gathered), is there a way to test whether or not I have a problem with the harness? If so I should probably test the #1 harness as well.

Believe it or not, i thought the car was running decent on 4 cylinders since from what i've read on here, these cars are not too quick hahaha can't wait to see how it feels running on all 6!

They sell a 'noid light' kit at most parts stores for like $15. It's

basicly little light bulbs that plug into the injector connector. While the truck is running the bulb will flash. This will tell you if you have power and ground to the injector and tell you if there might be an issus in the harness. You can do the same with a simple test lamp but its not as gracefull.

Edited by Exorpmtech