01 Frontier 3.3 OBDII codes and surging issues

RCWD21

The cracked intake boot would be it, source of unmetered air, so basically a vacuum leak. Glad you found it.

I'm glad I found it too, that wasn't there a few days ago (the one on the top side) the bottom I'm not sure of since it was much smaller. Right now I have a lot of rtv sealing the cracks until i can get a new boot to replace it with.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

The p0420 code only showed up after the o2 sensor code appeared so I'm hoping that since the pre-cat sensor is working and the post-cat sensor isn't the ecu thinks that the catalytic converter isn't working properly due to the out of spec reading

Well I'll be trying out my intake boot fix today, so I'll post up what happens. Hopefully the surging issue will be gone

Ok well the sealed boot did the trick with the surging, I just ordered a new boot to replace it with.

All my parts should be here by the middle of this coming week so hopefully no more CEL!

• Like 2

I will be very interested to see if your p0420 code goes away.

Well, I replaced the o2 sensor and cleared the codes. I've driven all of about 70 miles and all codes except the knock sensor code have not come back. I also replaced my torn intake boot. It feels like a whole new truck now. It runs and pulls so much better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk