Sunroof Protector Seal Weather Strip

tripdls

I'm looking for the gasket around the sunroof glass on my 1987 Pathfinder SE.

Anyone know the part number or where to get one now since Nissan doesn't seem to carry them anymore?

Yeah, mine's shot too. I've read that Nissan used the same sunroof on the the first-gen Xterra (and something else, don't remember what) so if you find one of those at the wreckers with a good seal, you can grab the glass and seal as an assembly and not have to mess around with it.

http://www.nissanpartswebstore.com/a/Nissan_1987_Pathfinder24L-MTE/_51505_6452137/SUNROOF/3615105.html

According to this it's included with the glass panel itself but it does list the part number #7387201G10
Dunno about over there in the states but here in Aus' some dealerships parts departments are better or worse than others for selling stuff like that, or even bothering to look it up for you, so I've had luck in the past by just going to another Nissan Parts at a different dealership.
If you still have no luck, maybe try a autoglass/windshield replacement business?

'preciate that, Nic_A31. Yeh, I've found the same to be true here 'bout the dealerships. My local dealership here in North central Louisiana charges too damn much "if" they do carry a part. So, I generally go(call or internet) to Courtesy Nissan in Richardson, TX, but they have gotten to where they're not much help anymore either. I did find that part no. as well, but from the picture and description, I just wanted some sort of confirmation. Don't want to buy another glass, though (have two already).

Oh, and thanks Slartibartfast, I hadn't read that 'bout the 1st gen Xterra. I figured Nissan would use the same sunroof on other vehicles, I just didn't know "what" vehicles. (That's why I was checking here to see if anyone else knew which ones.) Oh, and you can forget the salvage yards. All of mine have told me "We don't keep things that OLD!" That's why, when "I" came upon another mildly wrecked(1988) Pathfinder(in a pasture), I bought it on the spot. Oh, and I love your "Nissan billboard". For being a "virgin" steel body, I sure do have an awful lot of rust. But, that '88 I picked up('cept the front wrecked part), hardly any rust.