My build/adventure thread

11 hours ago, zakzackzachary said:

What method did you go for mounting low-profile? I'm just curious since there's a couple. I've used the conduit clamp method in the past, but it was a bit too low for me.

It's still on the factory crossbars. I explained it on the last page. I also flipped the roof rack mounts upside down, I think I left that out.

• Like 1

What method did you go for mounting low-profile? I'm just curious since there's a couple. I've used the conduit clamp method in the past, but it was a bit too low for me.

[mention=39745]StPickens[/mention],[mention=41155]Astrorami[/mention] & myself have all taken slightly different approaches to this problem with the Rola V-Tech rack. I wanted elevation to allow cam strap hooks on the lower 1” diameter Rola bar &[mention=39745]StPickens[/mention] preserved his sunroof deflector. Without elevation, @02_Pathy had some sunroof function complications.
  • Like 1

Has anyone retrofitted the late model OEM SE roof racks onto a pre-facelift? I feel like that’s the stoutest roof rack system

I’m not sure that’s true. I believe the SE racks only anchor with 4 points with 2 bolts per point (I haven’t dissected one so I’m basing that on 4 base points). The roof rails on the LE have 6 anchor points of 2 bolts each. Most attaching a Rola V-Tech are then bolting to the rails with 4-12 points.

1 hour ago, RainGoat said:

I’m not sure that’s true. I believe the SE racks only anchor with 4 points with 2 bolts per point (I haven’t dissected one so I’m basing that on 4 base points). The roof rails on the LE have 6 anchor points of 2 bolts each. Most attaching a Rola V-Tech are then bolting to the rails with 4-12 points.

Hmmm, I haven’t dug into mine ore any at a junkyard. I guess I was just basing it off of looks, what with the big rails and crossbars. They’re probably rated for similar loads, so what you said makes sense

Posted these in another thread for their exhaust clips, but might as well throw 'em up here to just so I keep my thread updated. It's been mighty cold here lately. Hasn't gotten out of single digits all week, and won't for another week, and it hasn't gotten above zero since before Sunday. 

First video is from Monday, right after I started it up. Second video is from over the summer.

• Like 2

As RainGoat said earlier. I used 1 1/4” square tubing and 1 1/2” angle iron for my mounts. With 8 t-nuts holding it on the rails. I did cut the angle iron on one side to match the square tubing Height. 2062cf29596983785bf68ddbd7cd4d74.jpg

50a98058515316534eb66119e1be21c5.jpg

b5a347dd3939bc1313fa844c9a37b5fe.jpg

9ece06165f124a2af5b4669a3580a004.jpg

468ea67e520ff3ba40f53162edc54655.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

@StPickens Love that the OEM deflector fits-why no fairing on the Rola? If it’s staying that way, make sure to plug those 4 fairing screw holes. The Rola is infamous for rusting on the inside (I actually shot spray paint down the inside of all my tubes).

• Like 1

[mention=39745]StPickens[/mention] Love that the OEM deflector fits-why no fairing on the Rola? If it’s staying that way, make sure to plug those 4 fairing screw holes. The Rola is infamous for rusting on the inside (I actually shot spray paint down the inside of all my tubes).

I am in the process of scraping off the stickers my dad has on it. And then I will put it back on. Much easier to remove stickers in the warmth of the house. .

• Like 1

8c303bb05d5297522845edf81971aeb4.jpg

c1c7f607c5ad8118f710619a57f57ec6.jpg

f46085a9c13dd658594154b61bf26515.jpg

8162b0aedb394c2e840ae26342db6b3b.jpg

Well folks, had an awesome day yesterday, but my transmission started slipping pretty badly. It won’t go over 45 mph anymore. It’ll still rev, slowly, but I won’t go anywhere, and when it does finally shift it freakin bangs into gear. Anyone have one to sell me? I’m looking into buying a tan pathfinder with a 5 speed with higher mileage and running it into the ground and then putting in a new clutch/rebuilding the tranny and swapping it into my red one. I’m all ears if anyone’s got suggestions!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, micahfelker said:

Not really. There's a few but there's not many Nissan's in Montana

Ok. I have like 8 between my local junkyards. Definitely saw a manual last time I was at one. There's also one sitting on the side of the road near my house that says "runs and drives-2500" on the window. It has a prerunner tube bumper on it. Probably not worth the drive for you.

1 minute ago, PathyDude17 said:

Ok. I have like 8 between my local junkyards. Definitely saw a manual last time I was at one. There's also one sitting on the side of the road near my house that says "runs and drives-2500" on the window. It has a prerunner tube bumper on it. Probably not worth the drive for you.

Hmmmm maybe. You have a picture of it? You're really not that far away from me

1 minute ago, PathyDude17 said:

No, and I don't think the lot has a website. I can stop by and get a picture later this week if you want. Its a black facelift, looks stock other than the bumper

Yeah that'd be sweet! Only if you're already driving by though, you don't have to go out of your way to do that 

It's in line with an alternate route home, so yeah not a problem. I've wondered before if they'd be willing to sell me the bumper, but decided against it.

10 minutes ago, micahfelker said:

Yeah that'd be sweet! Only if you're already driving by though, you don't have to go out of your way to do that 

3 minutes ago, PathyDude17 said:

Wonder why he's selling it? That things gotta be fun and capable. Would you consider buying it?

I wonder too. If I had an extra 4 grand sitting around I'd drive there and buy it right now lol