My build/adventure thread

I'm definitely not a ginger

You say that like it's a bad thing....So who is the guy, doin the Jesus Christ pose, standing by the creek, w/the water bottle????

• 2 weeks later...

Looks good man! I have an 01 QX4 and always run my fogs with my headlights. I was just down in Moab a couple of weekends ago, but I need to get to the mountains.

It's been a busy couple of weeks! Went on a camping trip with my friends and then the day after flew to Iowa for a family get together. There were a TON of trails around the Lake Almanor/Chester area. Unfortunately my camera died and none of my backup batteries had charge, so I didn't get as many pics as I would have liked. There are still a lot though, so I'm sure I'll have to split it up into multiple posts.

85ff8f4c2da97b0f9f2bcb9a8956ddc4.jpg

f7addd89b184d95b2265d55dac3b8aa4.jpg

I also ran into another forum member in Chester, which was cool.

079342a5e7d4c909dbd2219bf61e1862.jpg

38ddd852ad2dcd1bbc4a455957d08514.jpg

392fcc3334799b2a4223c6943a074564.jpg

577714e9fa974ea3f5984abab58e1bb1.jpg

92bc1c4b7b86804feb2fc53d1c70700a.jpg

f479ee619dc1abdd97ad3beecbf2def0.jpg

b4d4f9389b306433632fe10978f5eb33.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 5

As always, I'm completely in awe of how rugged the subject of your pictures is, the perfectly placed shots which capture the action well, and how fantastic the picture itself is!

Thank you!! I try hard haha

Nice photos! Is that you driving or a buddy? Thats the one thing most automotive pictures lack, action shots. Its hard when the only people capable of catching a decent shot arent the folks wheeling with you. But apparently you trust folks with your gear and they got some good ones.

The low-pro tires on the BMW in that rocky area had me cringing. Id be reluctant to take a rig with that wheel/tire combo into anything larger than gravel and packed dirt. Made it out of there without damage?

• Like 1

Nice photos! Is that you driving or a buddy? Thats the one thing most automotive pictures lack, action shots. Its hard when the only people capable of catching a decent shot arent the folks wheeling with you. But apparently you trust folks with your gear and they got some good ones.

The low-pro tires on the BMW in that rocky area had me cringing. Id be reluctant to take a rig with that wheel/tire combo into anything larger than gravel and packed dirt. Made it out of there without damage?

Thank you!! If you see someone in the driver seat, it's me. I trusted my camera to a friend who is also a good photographer in a couple instances to get some shots of the Pathy in action. Any pic that I'm not in the driver seat was taken by me (:

The BMW wasn't happy to say the least. Even on the straight dirt road parts where I could just fly through he had to crawl along and avoid and move little rocks periodically. On the trail where you see me hanging out the window going over the big hill/bump thing he tried to take the bypass and scratched his bumper and got his rocker panel about an inch away from a pretty big rock which scared him enough to turn around and head back to the river to wait for us to finish haha

I actually have a really funny video of him trying to take the go-around that I have no way of putting up here.

Here's something I've had for awhile but for some reason never shared with you guys. It had always been a dream of mine to have the front end of a car to use for actual lights in my room or garage or something, so one day I decided to hit up my local pick n pull and Home Depot to make it happen. I had made the lamps put of tail lights awhile before I did it with the headlights, which were pretty easy just by putting a few little LEDs in each hole in the back. The headlights were harder because I wanted to actually use lights bright enough to light up the whole room. I got two big LED light bulbs from Home Depot and all the wiring and sockets I needed and got everything together, which was way harder than the tail lights because of all the different pieces and wires. Anyway here's how everything looks.

f797586744741202b4f7fbfc3987fab4.jpg

86913db28fbfabb39d77970078b6ff95.jpg

6851a4c9d0eb382e196e8af3a1f413d1.jpg

c0c9e5587aac0e374b67a65e48b0c5f0.jpg

cc3425c0091fbbdd994cfde689df77f1.jpg

05c726d4d900fa16c704898a3012ad73.jpg

4f0f8223d95fbb05b87d2e6aa7135ba5.jpg

42e83cf6e962b3033df2b3e2a4f3aba9.jpg

Like I said I've had these for a really long time now I just never shared them. Let me know what you think!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

How do you like the new tires?

I love them! They do 100000x better in mud and even somehow seem to have more grip on the road than my last tires. All of the wobbling that was happening stopped, and I've gotten a lot of compliments on them. However, being a little bigger and with the absence of a sway bar I flexed so hard that I ripped off my fender flare and bent my fender. I took everything apart and banged the fender back into place and bought new pins and got everything back on. They seem to be wearing out faster than I'd like in the front though, but I don't have enough money for an alignment haha

If they're wearing unevenly, check the wear pattern. If the outsides are wearing more than the insides, you need more toe-out. If the insides are wearing, you need toe-in. You can roughly check the toe by parking on a flat level surface with the steering wheel pointed straight. Squat down in front of the truck and with one eye closed, visually try to line up the rear tire sidewalls with the front tire sidewalls. If you line up the front tire sidewalls and you can't see the rear tires at all, you need to adjust the tie-rods for more toe-out by lengthening the tie rods. If you see too much of the rear tires, adjust for more toe-in by shortening the tie rods. Do this on both sides. Alternatively, you can try using a tape measure to measure the distance between the rearward and forward edges of the front tire shoulders and make the measurements equal.