My build/adventure thread

2 minutes ago, PathyDude17 said:

Do you have to go the donor vehicle route? I'm not sure how much it would cost to rebuild your transmission.

I'm not a fan of the automatic in this and have been wanting a manual for awhile, so I just figured what better time to do it than now. I also know pretty much nothing about how auto transmissions work and have no idea how to rebuild it lol

38 minutes ago, micahfelker said:

I'm not a fan of the automatic in this and have been wanting a manual for awhile, so I just figured what better time to do it than now. I also know pretty much nothing about how auto transmissions work and have no idea how to rebuild it lol

Got it, that makes more sense

Micah, have been following this thread and missing a Montana right up until you posted the pics of your Pathfinder in the snow. Yes, I miss home and will be back in NW MT mid April. I found a very nice 2000 Path SE here in SW NM that I have been upgrading. Albeit, it will not be coming back to MT this spring. I have a 2000 Xterra at home NE of Ronan that I wheel all over Montana. Another great Nissan that I have done extensive upgrades to and will continue. My hunting rig. 

We spend our winters in SW NM and I do lots of off-roading in the desert with my Pathfinder and ATV. Warmer here and no snow to deal with. Quail season runs through mid Feb. and lots of desert to roam. Keep up the thread and lots of pictures. MTG

• Like 1

On 2/11/2019 at 9:09 AM, MTGunner said:

Micah, have been following this thread and missing a Montana right up until you posted the pics of your Pathfinder in the snow. Yes, I miss home and will be back in NW MT mid April. I found a very nice 2000 Path SE here in SW NM that I have been upgrading. Albeit, it will not be coming back to MT this spring. I have a 2000 Xterra at home NE of Ronan that I wheel all over Montana. Another great Nissan that I have done extensive upgrades to and will continue. My hunting rig. 

We spend our winters in SW NM and I do lots of off-roading in the desert with my Pathfinder and ATV. Warmer here and no snow to deal with. Quail season runs through mid Feb. and lots of desert to roam. Keep up the thread and lots of pictures. MTG

What brought you down there? You're missing out on all the snow wheeling here!

We spend our winters in SW New Mexico to hunt the quail, enjoy not having to shovel snow and there is a tremendous amount of off roading opportunities here. I have done extensive winter off reading in many northern states. Cannot say that I miss the cold and snow. We will be home to NW Montana mid April to prepare for bear and turkey season. Have lots of work, chores, maintainence to do on our toyhauler, my Xterra, home projects and more. Guess you might say we will be returning to mud season. Good ‘nuff! Always enjoy getting home. Keep up the good posts. MTG

• Like 1

Well folks, to those who haven’t seen it yet, here’s the new Pathfinder! Ended up getting it for $600, and I’ll be driving it back to Bozeman tomorrow and starting my new job at Go Fast Campers on Monday. It’s got a 5 speed manual which it’ll be donating to the red Pathfinder once the weather improves.

1f1cfeeac1324fd52b9b54e65843f0e5.jpg

ba9140ef9f354686532d312e77bd30fe.jpg

e8c0446ecac340cf1d37bc9b81d81f37.jpg

deee9b0bd6b19c28fa41066296dfc55a.jpg

Also, huge thanks to Alex for the old lift springs! Might as well roll around with a little extra style before the trans comes out!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 6

b4f4f9fcafa4ad8928db981a852e6596.jpg

Some mawl crawlin’

07f28cc9877a00ceafa8f0ef3cc18c86.jpg
fe082b4939945ce06fd0f954426949e5.jpg

And got the new pathfinder registered today. They’re taking over!! Lol

No personalized plates for this one (yet). Some of you may notice the front plate is sitting on the dash, and that is because the one on there right now is held in with some weird kinda flathead screw that only let’s you tighten them but not loosen, so I’m gonna have to drill em out.

• Like 4

b4f4f9fcafa4ad8928db981a852e6596.jpg

Some mawl crawlin’

07f28cc9877a00ceafa8f0ef3cc18c86.jpg
fe082b4939945ce06fd0f954426949e5.jpg

And got the new pathfinder registered today. They’re taking over!! Lol

No personalized plates for this one (yet). Some of you may notice the front plate is sitting on the dash, and that is because the one on there right now is held in with some weird kinda flathead screw that only let’s you tighten them but not loosen, so I’m gonna have to drill em out.

my last truck before the party had flat head screws i had to drill out of the bumper too.

while you still have the stock wheels and tires on the new one could you take pictures of the red pathys tires next to the new one’s?

On 3/2/2019 at 3:39 PM, spicyheckboi said:

my last truck before the party had flat head screws i had to drill out of the bumper too.

while you still have the stock wheels and tires on the new one could you take pictures of the red pathys tires next to the new one’s?

Sure! Lemme run outside real quick I'll get one for ya

e62354c769984a376b64301f9143b520.jpg
b249b8a665233a4c736aed4124e8b707.jpg
e02478578cc5c2f0861179aff1ba619c.jpg

Not super great pics plus there’s a bit of a snow bank so they’re not perfectly level but hopefully this is at least somewhat helpful

• Like 1

f63cf930d0091b343245b89acfbeaa0d.jpg

Also changed my oil today when it was -15° out. Couldn’t fit all the way into the garage but at least I didn’t have to lay in the snow!

e62354c769984a376b64301f9143b520.jpg
b249b8a665233a4c736aed4124e8b707.jpg
e02478578cc5c2f0861179aff1ba619c.jpg

Not super great pics plus there’s a bit of a snow bank so they’re not perfectly level but hopefully this is at least somewhat helpful

very helpful, this is four inches 33s right?

On 3/4/2019 at 5:12 PM, spicyheckboi said:

very helpful, this is four inches 33s right?

32's, and not quite. It's settled quite a bit and idk exactly how many inches its at. LR 9447's in the back and ome hd's up front. The bumpers make it look taller than it actually is

• Like 2

On 3/7/2019 at 10:30 AM, jjonez said:

Cool you found a donor.  What's wrong with it that you got it so cheap?

It needs new trailing arm bushings, the driver seat has a rip in it, the passenger side window won't go down, and the dash had two spots that the vinyl was starting to peel up, which I fixed by putting stickers on it. Mechanically the car is absolutely great and has tons of new parts, it was honestly just a really good deal.

I noticed something very strange about the tan Pathfinder today. Look very closely at both pictures and see if any of you guys notice what I did.

ac03e76a59aa6f7158cc3971f4d79641.jpg
b3fe8de392bf2b09abff8b72277304e0.jpg

Pay close attention to the way everything lines up across the whole back. Who can spot it? Any guesses?

24 minutes ago, Bax03SE said:

The Pathfinder emblem is in the wrong spot?

YES!! It's driving me nuts. I don't know how or why it ended up there but it's stuck on with what looks to be the original adhesive and it's been there for a long time judging by the paint around it. And there's no sign on the paint that I can find to indicate that it was even in the correct spot