'sup from Australia

Nic_A31

Hey guys,

Long time car enthusiast but new to off-road.
Have been throwing wages into the import money pit for about 8 years, sort of taking a break from that for a while.

Had been keen for a while to find a 2-door WD21 project and get into the 4x4 scene.
After eyeing off a few that were for sale, I recently pounced on this one.

DSC_7874.jpg
Made the long trip home with it today (700+km), had a few minor problems along the way but nothing I couldn't handle.
Needs a fair bit of work, which I'm kind of looking foward to funny enough.

I have a bunch of questions about it, is it best to post them in here or start a build thread and ask in there? (some aftermarket parts I can't identify, where to buy certain parts, etc)

Cheers

Looking forward to asking about 10'000 dumb questions in the near future.

• Like 2

Sup.

You can start a build thread, or ask in the garage section. If you do some searching of the forum, chances are good that most of your questions have already been answered. Welcome to the wonderful world of pathfinders.

• Like 1

:welcome:

Is it a 2.7 TD, right?

Nope, Z24 for now.

Has a Weber carby, possible aftermarket cam, and Genie headers...still seems rather gutless especially uphill, but it is running like @!*%, so I'll play around with it and see what more I can get out of it, but mentally I'm prepared to ditch it and do a TD27 conversion if it comes to that.

First question I've got is, can someone identify these hubs?

I thought all WD21s came with auto locking hubs, and I've searched around and can't seem to figure out what these are.

It's a 1990 model with options (power windows, power mirrors, etc), were manual hubs an option on these ?

20170529_120338.jpg

Manual hubs weren't an option in North America, don't know about your area. Those look like factory hubs off of a hardbody (d21).