Wheel Spacers? (98 3.3 L)

Anybody have any experience with them?

I got a '98 but I have 16" (255/70/16) mags and KO2's from a 2005 (I think?) Pathfinder. There is very little room between my strut and the tire, and it might just be rubbing (strange almost plastic crinkle noise when going over large speedbumps). Think I should get some spacers. I am getting the OME kit from North Shore - and I really do not want new steel wheels. Any recommendations on brand & amount of space?

Thanks.

• Like 1

What size are the tires? It sounds like clearance on the strut isn't the problem, but more likely in the fender and wheel liner. If that is the case, I would highly suggest trimming over spacers.

• Like 2

That tire should clear the strut. Might be close but it should be fine. Like previously stated you're probably encountering rub on the inner fender. If that is the case the spacers will most likely make the rub worse.you can easily move the mounting screws forward on your bumper cover to gain a lot of clearance. If still needed a heat gun works wonders. I would think that should be enough to solve your dilemma. If not you might need to send Fleury some $ and get some lift spacers.

2005 (R51) has a smaller bolt pattern than the R50 (96-04), therefore unless you're running adapters (which would double as wheel spacers), your wheels must be from either a R50 or gen 1 xterra/Frontier. With that said, if you're that close to the coil bucket on the strut, with that size tire, they very well might be from a xterra or Frontier, as the have a different backspace then the pathfinder. My 01 has about 3/8" clearance (close, but not uncomfortably) with stock SE wheels and 265/70/16's. Post up some pics of your wheel and clearance, that'll help point you in the right direction.