All turn signals out

I connected a uhaul trailer a few weeks back and after plugging it in (a second time) all my turn signals are out (first time it was break lights but it was a fuse).

N dash lights, no clicking, all 4 indicators and nothing from the hazard switch either. Checked the fuse, all good, then I thought it had to be the relay, tried 2...nothing, changed the turn signal assembly, no luck.

All other dash lights, electronics work that I can tell. I assume its gotta be a short...which I guess means taking the dash apart.

Hoping someone might know of a common point for all the signals that I'm overlooking before disassemble things. Haynes manual says there's a second flasher unit above the steering column ('87 SE 5 speed) but no diagram...and I can't see one. Am I missing something?

...thanks to the forum for all your past help.

• 1 month later...

Your 1st sentence (and most of your post) is confusing. Your "brake" lights did not work due to a blown fuse?

Then in your second sentence you say the fuse is good, but "N dash lights", then in your 3rd sentence "all other dash lights work". What dash lights don't work?

If you can be clearer about describing the problem, I'm sure a few of us can be of more help.

Edited by V8path