OME Lift Q's (Probably a fast answer...)

So I got a full OME kit from North Shore Offroad (I am in Vancouver) (HD front, MD Rear Springs, OME Struts & OME Shocks) - and I ordered the "Trim Packers" from Rocky Road Outfitters. All in ~2 grand with alignment.

My questions are:

1) Is that all I need to have a "level" ride. I am not too excited about the idea of leaning. I just want the moderate lift with a level ride, on (for the first time in my life) good suspension.

2) Do I need to get aftermarket rims with backspace? I got nice Nissan Mags from a 2001 (16" rim size) and I would like to leave those on. If i do not get the backspace what is the worst that will happen?

3) Are there better aftermarket strut bearing out there that somebody would recommend? Else, I will go to Nissan and get them OEM.

Thanks,

MOOG-K90301 is a strut bearing for a 2001 pathfinder (r50, works for most all of them I believe).

Very high quality aftermarket parts are made by Moog. Where they're pricey, they're worth it, trust me. I sell a lot of moog parts at work, so if you have an auto parts store that carries them, take a look.

Ordered from Amazon....the whole strut mount & bearing. im already 2k in this suspension upgrade 90 bucks doesn't scare me off.

Thanks for the reply!

Backspacing depends on how big of tires you want. If you want 31" or less, then you can have stock backspacing. If you want 32" or more you need 3.75" backspacing and you need to be willing to trim a bit.

1) I ride pretty much completely level with the HD springs up front with KYB struts and no spacers

2) No, not unless you're getting bigger tires. In the case that you are, you can fit up to 265/75r16 (~32x10.5) without any problems. You'll want to trim a little bit of your plastic fender lining if you're running anything above 30" and don't want to rub while reversing or flexing. You can go for as tall of a tire as will fit, but nothing over 10.5" wide is going to clear the strut without wheel spacers. I would also recommend taking off your splash guards if you haven't already. Honestly for the extra ~$250 I would just get some cheap 16x8 steelies with less backspacing. It will save you having to get them later on, and it will improve the look of your rig 100x more than a lift will. Your bolt pattern is 6x5.5. Anything with 4" backspacing or less should be fine.

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/vsw-84h6883ns/overview/

3) Absolutely anything except KYB bearings. I've heard they are terrible. I just got the cheapest replacement I could find on Amazon and they work great.

Good luck with the install! I'd love to see some pictures when you get everything on.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

1) I ride pretty much completely level with the HD springs up front with KYB struts and no spacers

2) No, not unless you're getting bigger tires. In the case that you are, you can fit up to 265/75r16 (~32x10.5) without any problems. You'll want to trim a little bit of your plastic fender lining if you're running anything above 30" and don't want to rub while reversing or flexing. You can go for as tall of a tire as will fit, but nothing over 10.5" wide is going to clear the strut without wheel spacers. I would also recommend taking off your splash guards if you haven't already. Honestly for the extra ~$250 I would just get some cheap 16x8 steelies with less backspacing. It will save you having to get them later on, and it will improve the look of your rig 100x more than a lift will. Your bolt pattern is 6x5.5. Anything with 4" backspacing or less should be fine.

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/vsw-84h6883ns/overview/

3) Absolutely anything except KYB bearings. I've heard they are terrible. I just got the cheapest replacement I could find on Amazon and they work great.

Good luck with the install! I'd love to see some pictures when you get everything on.

Are you sure the 265/75/16 will fit? I have read I would need wheels or wheel spacers to clear the strut.

They fit for me. I have a pre-facelift model though. The 99.5+ seem to have more trouble fitting bigger tires, though I think it's just because of the wheels. I know someone with a pre-facelifted model that put wheels from a newer pathy on which then had rubbing issues, so you probably would need new wheels or wheel spacers.

They fit for me. I have a pre-facelift model though. The 99.5+ seem to have more trouble fitting bigger tires, though I think it's just because of the wheels. I know someone with a pre-facelifted model that put wheels from a newer pathy on which then had rubbing issues, so you probably would need new wheels or wheel spacers.

Thanks, I do have the 1999.5 wheels so it is all about the backspacing. Would you know the backspacing of the earlier wheels? I will measure mine for comparison.

Hi I have a 97 and 245 75/16 just fits there is not a lot of room left between the strut and the tire. If you have a good tire guy they may be willing to toss a bigger tire on your rim and check the fit for you. I know mine would.

How much did North Shore charge you for springs ? Mine have around 4 years of hard miles on them, I was thinking the rears could use replacement.

I don't remember the exact backspacing of the stock wheels, but they were 6.5" wide or something like that, with pretty close to 0 offset. I could be remembering wrongs, since I don't have them anymore, but that would give somewhere around 3.5-4" of bs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk